Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tag- All About Me A to Z

I'm sure all you bloggers out there know about the infamous "tagging". My friend Bree tagged me and as I told her, this is probably the first time I've been tagged since about 3rd grade. So...I'm a rookie to say the least. I'll give it my best shot.

Attached or Single: I usually have about 3 people attached to me, my two kids clinging and my husband close by.
Best Friend: I have roughly a dozen best girl friends who are all equally important to me. However...if I had only one friend left, I'd pick Justin. Sorry girls.
Cake or Pie: Cake over pie, but a brownie or cookie over cake.
Day of Choice: Probably Friday- typically no scheduled activities, lookin' forward to the weekend and usually have my house in decent order from the week-long work I've put into it. But my real day of choice would be one where I have no distractions and can get everything done I've been wanting to get done.
Essential Item: Paper towels. Use them all the time and for everything. I just think they're more sanitary than a hand towel and with kids- they're a must. I love them for wiping hands/faces, cleaning, spills, etc. I go through about a roll every day or two. And.. I usually buy Bounty because I HATE cheap paper towels.
Favorite Color: I like different things about each color. I love the crispness of white, the classic and versatile nature of black, I love neutrals, but also love happy spring-like colors(but not fluorescenty). I'm also very specific about color- I love red, but only certain shades of red- no bloody, christmassy red. I like it deep and rich. But..I would actually say that I love color combinations better than one specific color. Like I love pink and brown together or maybe a certain shade of green accented with black, etc. I could go on all day.
Gummy Bears or Worms: Actually eating worms as we speak, but probably prefer bears.
Hometown: From the birthplace of television- the one and only Rigby, ID
Indulgences: Blogging, TCBY's white chocolate mousse with oreo, a good book with uninteruppted time to enjoy it, E! News or tabloid bits at the check out, "me" time, being in the comfort of old friends- doing absolutely nothing, a warm batch of choc. chip cookies- any treat really.
January or July: July without question. I love the sunshine and summertime.
Kids:Jace 3, Rylee 9 months
Life is incomplete without: Faith, Family, Friends (& a few of those indulgences mixed in)
Marriage Date: May 24, 2002
Number of Siblings: 6 (Stacey, Kristie, Jennifer, Hollie, Greg, Allison- Yes! 6 girls, 1 boy)
Oranges or Apples: Apples are easier- I hate peeling oranges
Phobias: Mice
Quote: Cherish: The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal. Cicero
Reasons to Smile: Justin getting home from work, getting good mail, hearing from friends, receiving Christmas cards, happy children, warm weather, lounging at the pool (which I don't have now), when laundry is done and house is clean, going out, learning/experiencing something new, seeing/reading/watching something clever or funny. Really no reason not to- happy home, great husband, loveable kids, good health, blessed life.
Season: Spring & Summer
Tag others: TASHA, HEIDI, KATIE, NICOLE, ALISH
Unknown fact about me: I've got mighty toes. I can pick anything up with them and can also give a mean toe pinch with them. Watch out!
Vegitarian or Meat eater: I was raised on a cow farm- meat, but I do like veggies too.
Worst Habit: Besides staying up way to late most nights? Or running late more times than not? Also saying "like" or "you know what I'm saying" a lot when I talk in conversation or telling a story. Or... giving too much information. Jus thinks that I tell too many details. For instance, if I'm returning something at the store, the clerk will ask, "is there anything wrong with it" and instead of saying a simple "NO" as Justin would, I proceed to give a lengthy explanation about why I decided against it. I'm working on both of these, but not that you can tell by this lengthy answer. I guess I have too many bad habits. Can anyone say resolutions?
X-rays: Just at the chiropractor. I did have a broken finger once though. Did I have an X-ray?
Your Favorite Food: Pork Salad at Cafe Rio- dang I wish it would come to Idaho!
Zodiac: Aries

4 comments:

Griffeth Family said...

Loved your A-Z! I have to tell you that Josh's(my husband) favorite cake is Rainbow Chip also. When we were first married I thought I would be a good wife and make him a homemade German Chocolate cake (frosting and all). The next year I asked him what kind of cake he wanted (thinking for sure that he would want the chocolate one again). NOPE he wanted the "one from the box with the colored chips in it" Rainbow Chip, and I have been making it ever since. I can't complain it's easier than the chocolate one!
Also, I can relate to saying "like" or "you know what I mean".
I have been working on both of these for a while. Is it getting better no! Now instead of just saying these phrases, I says them and then I hear myself say them and then I just feel silly for saying it. Ok, and I think I talk to much too!

Bree said...

Thanks for playing along with the tag! It's fun to get to know people better with such random facts...and see what you have in common!

a-anderson said...

Love readin your A to Z. I thought I knew everything about you, but the toes thing I didn't. Love ya Nat

Tangi said...

how fun this was to read! I also liked your tour of the bakery, what a great idea! I might have to suggest it to my ward. thanks for the emails, I will send you an email, so we can keep in touch that way, i would like to keep mine secret as well and it is too obvious to write...talk to you soon.