Thursday, January 10, 2008

Inspire Me

Okay so.. we've been in our house for nearly 4 months now and I have yet to hang anything on the walls. I don't know what it is- usually I have no trouble with decorating and get things up right away, but I'm stuck here. I think it's that I just don't know what to do yet- we're probably going to switch out our furniture and we have a couple really big walls, which has proven to be a bit intimidating- I'm such a perfectionist that I want it to be just right.


My bare walls are calling to get some attention- and I'm about to the "going nuts" stage of not having anything finished yet, so does anyone out there have any great ideas? Send me pictures of what you've done or what you have on walls or for decor. Inspire me please. And.. is it just me or does this picture look weird- it's like a freakin ring of fire- must be the flash bouncing off the light or something. I promise it's just a normal wall- no weird faux going on.

2 comments:

a-anderson said...

I don't know how to help you, but maybe I could have Lexi draw up some designs (j/k). I want to come and visit you after Doran leaves and I am needed a break from good old mom and dad's house. If you don't have anything by then we can go shopping and try to help you figure something out. I can't wait to see your house and baby. Hopefully she will still be a baby by the time I see her.

Heidi said...

I have several blank walls in my house and I have lived here for 4 years. I understand wanting to get it just right. With one of my walls, I am going to display some family pictures in similar frames. Maybe at the top I will hang a "family" sign. People love to look at pictures when they come to your home. When I have it finished I will take a picture of it for you. Good luck with your wall. Heidi