Just heard the sad news that our beloved Prophet, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley died tonight. He has had such a wonderful influence on the LDS church over the past 12 years he served as our Prophet. I have always loved his humor and relatability- he was always so down-to-earth and practical. I know that members of the church worldwide will greatly miss him. He has had so much impact on the face and growth of the church. I'm truly thankful for him and his legacy- it will be hard to get used to having a new Prophet.Pres. Hinckley's death has really sparked some interest in Jace and he's had a lot of questions about death and such tonight. I wanted to record this to remind myself of it later. We were trying to explain why he died and said it was because he was getting really old, because he was like an old grandpa guy and Jace said, "I don't want to be a grandpa" and then he asked if he'll ever see Pres. Hinckley again and we said that he probably will when he dies and Jace responded, "No, I don't want to see Pres. Hinckley right now- I don't want to die." Then tonight while saying his prayers, he said.."Thank you for Pres. Hinckley and please bless that he won't miss us too much." He also started naming about everyone of my family members and saying, please bless that so and so will find out about Pres. Hinckley." And the last few things- I was showing him a picture of the 1st Pres. and trying to show him that Pres. Monson would be our new Prophet and he pointed to Pres. Eyring and said, "No, I want this guy to be- because he's got glasses and so does Pres. Hinckley." Finally, when they showed an old video of Pres. Hinckley speaking on the news, Jace goes- "Is that the new Pres. Hinckley?" I love the innocence of children.
For more info on his death or the announcement of his death go to http://www.lds.org/
3 comments:
What a sweet post, Natalie. Thanks for your testimony of President Hinckley and for sharing your cute story about teaching Jace.
Jace is so cute. I love hearing what children say. I will miss Pres. Hinkely, but I am sure he is so happy to be reunited with his wife and family.
I found your blog from Greg & Tawsha's. We miss you in the Milo Sunday School. :) You are such a great mom, and have such cute kids!! Holly Davis
Post a Comment