Thursday, January 10, 2008

Game On!


Oh yea, Church Ball has officially begun. And church ball just wouldn't be church ball without Justin getting the big T. I'm so embarrased, but this is the second technical he's gotten in a church ball game. He got one when we lived in SLC and if I'm not mistaken it was for swearing at the ref (yes in a church ball game) And this one.. for intentionally pulling or pushing some guys shoulder while trying to steal the ball or something like that. Which, of course, Jus disputed and said was not true, making even more of a big deal out of it. I cannot say for sure as I spend most of the game socializing and only paying attention to the game every now and again- I didn't even know who had won. I had to ask Jus when we got in the car to leave. Surprise, surprise. Jus always gives me crap because of the lack of interest or understanding I have for sports. I was a cheerleader for 5 years and I still get offense and defense mixed up. Go figure. What? I was busy cheering- who had time to actually watch?
Anyway, since he's the "athletic director" in the ward, you'd think that he'd try to make a better name for himself out on the court. But that's just my take on the matter. By the way, his team won- yay! (But who's keeping score, really?) Let the games begin!

3 comments:

a-anderson said...

I love it! Justin is so quiet and calm. I think it is so funny that he got a T.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

I would love to see one of these outbursts in person...it's so hard for me to imagine mild mannered Justin get not one, but two technicals!!! Why is church basketball so intense??? Jon got in a fight once, I couldn't believe it. Maybe that's how they take out there frustrations...on the court!

Audra Gines said...

Oh the good ol days, we remember that nice T back in the Bryan Ward! I love it Nat, that is hilarious, but seriously, it wouldn't be church ball without it, would it? I love that you guys are blogging, keep it up, it's nice to stay up to date on your fam!

We miss you guys, one of these days when we come up that way, we really will have to get together!

(I have to agree with your friend who said, "Justin is so quiet and calm," I just can't picture him getting so ticked off!)