Saturday, October 4, 2008

To Include In Prayers...

Today Rylee had a little bit of a scare- she spiked a really high fever, which is detrimental to her condition right now. Bascially she has an ANC count of 0%, which means that she doesn't have much of an immune system to fight anything off. This is all part of the many changes we'll have in these upcoming months and years- especially with cold & flu season right around the corner. We have to be so careful when her counts are low- a fever could put her back in to the hospital.

She started getting hot, then hotter and it just kept climbing. She got up to about 105 degrees, which for her, we have to be on guard if it gets to 100.3. Our Bishop & wife were at the hospital at the time because he was picking Jus up for the Priesthood session, so they gave her a blessing before they left.

It kept climbing & I was getting a little panicked as they continually kept calling people in to come look at her & evaluate her. She had to get hooked back up to a bunch of the monitors and we had ice packs on her & run some stuff through her IV. It was a little tense there for awhile, but the fever finally broke & after awhile, she was up & alert again.

As you can see this can be a roller coaster. Our nurse said that she didn't want to burst our bubble, but said that if she has anything like this come up tomorrow, then we won't be coming home yet.

So...I know there are a lot of prayers being said on our behalf and I just got thinking about some specific things we need to pray for right now. 1. For her ANC counts to go up so that she can fight stuff off- it's going to be tough when we get home to deal with this especially. When her levels are at zero or even low, it pretty much means no playgroups, nursery, church, grocery stores, malls, large crowds, sick people coming over, we have to avoid fast food and any leftovers or anything that bacteria can grow on quickly if food is left out etc. 2. Also just for her health in general. This will be challenging in cold & flu season. Our goal is that she doesn't get any infection, fever, cold anything- it could really set back her progress. 3. We also ask you to pray that her body will be able to withstand the treatments and that her side affects might be minimal. 4. Just for the strength of our family and ability to accept the changes and challenges ahead.

As we are nearing being able to go home, I am getting a little nervous just about having this all in our hands, especially when we live a distance from care here.

Thanks to all!

15 comments:

Bree said...

Oh Natalie, you amaze me! I'm sorry for the scare today and hope and pray for things to get better and for Rylee's body to work the way it needs to and get stronger with all that is going on. My prayers will continue for you and your family, as well as the specifics you mentioned. Lots of love!

Suzie said...

You are one strong mommy! We will be happy to include these specifics in our prayers for sweet Rylee.

Kara said...

Is there any drs. here in Idaho that can help you if she spikes while you are home? We will continue to pray for you and your family.

Jen said...

We're praying! Grandma (Bev) said family prayer yesterday, with all who were there for Sunday dinner. Kind of an emmotional time. It's nice to feel the strength that a family- (or group of friends or ward family) can have at times like this. Love you.

kiddle97 said...

Oh Natalie,
We're with you all the way, praying and hoping things start looking up. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Shana Dee said...

I'm sorry your family is going through this time of challenge. I'll gladly pray for your family and the specifics you mentioned.

Amy said...

I am so sorry that you had such a scare!!! But so grateful for priesthood blessings and faith! I've actually included your family in the prayer roll at the temple... and we are definitely praying for your family!! If you need anything.....

cortnieb said...

ABSOLUTELY!!! Im so glad you asked for specific things!! I know in my heart everything will be ok. You are so strong...I don't know if I could be as strong as you are!! Good luck with these next few days!

Jen said...

I hope that the last few days have been better than Saturday. What a comfort priesthood blessings are! I admire your strength and faith. You guys hang in there- we'll all keep praying!

STCLIFFORD said...

Natalie,
I saw Kara asked if there are any doctors here in Idaho that can help. Just wanted to let you know that Dr. Dickson here in Rexburg is one of the top oncologists in the nation. He is such an amazing guy and I know he would help you wherever it was needed. Let me know if you need any information. We continue to pray for you.
Tiff

Allisha said...

Nat-
I hope you made it home okay. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with. I would bring food over but your Mom said Justin was picky. :) Just teasing Justin. Hope you rest well in your own home.

Robison's said...

I am so sad for you guys. I just read that Rylee is sick. I couldn't imagine what you guys are going through. I wish nothing but the best for you. And your family will definatley be in our prayers.

Jana said...

Oh my gosh! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I just starting to check blogs again. We will definately pray for Rylee and your family. I am so sorry that you guys are going to have to go through this. I wish I was closer so I could help. Let me know if there is anything I can do. In the meantime, we will be praying for you guys.

a-anderson said...

Oh Natalie, I was thinking about you constantly while listening to conference this past weekend. You are so strong and amazing. You are all in our prayers for sure!!

Holly said...

Natalie, I just heard about your sweet Rylee. Please know that we will be praying for you also.