They gave her some anti-nausea medicine and by mid-afternoon, she was back to her old self again. The coloring has returned to her face, which amazes us that we didn't realize just how pale she had been. Her lips are red again!
Rylee spent most of the day up and alert and was playing with all of her new gifts. Care Bears, coloring books, dolls, books, bears and monkeys! She's gotten the mother load.
She was able to unhook from some of her monitors and they let her leave the room (with a little face mask) to go for a little walk to the Oncology clinic where she'll receive chemotherapy.
They have one of those little push cars (that we have at home as well), so she and her little Care Bear went for a drive around the hospital. She really enjoyed it. She was happy and was talking, smiling and waving to all the nurses today.
We spent a lot of the day getting educated on more stuff. It seriously feels like we've been to nursing school and back this week. The quickest degree I've ever received! We also got her treatment schedule, which basically means that we'll give her two different medicines twice a day at home and then every Thursday we'll make the trek to SLC for chemo treatments, bone marrow and blood testing. It will be pretty intense these first few months, but we'll get through it.
We got the results from the spinal tap they did during surgery and no Leukemia cells were found in the spinal fluid, which is good news. All things considered, we have a great diagnosis so far. She is in the standard range and everything is looking good in terms of treatment. It's just the process of it that will be difficult. I'm sure we'll have good days and bad days.
If everything keeps going our way, it's looking like we'll be able to leave for home sometime on Sunday. They have to give her a chemo medicine into her muscle if count levels are up, no fever and if everything else looks good. They keep us there for awhile to make sure no adverse reaction happens, but then we'll be free to go. There really is no place like home!
12 comments:
Oh what a great report! I've been watching & watching for a report, but knowing you have better things to do than blog. I love that pic of her with Jus, she looks so happy. We'll keep praying & watching for more great updates.
Wow. Even during this challenging time you are so positive, your attitude is amazing. I am so glad to hear that things are going better. I have been thinking a lot about you and your family since I read your last post and am grateful for this update. Best wishes and prayers are coming your way from the Case Family.
I am so glad that things are going good! You should ask the nurses if she can go play in the "forever young room". It is really awesome they have fun things to do in there. Also go downstairs to the "Rainbow Cafe" and get a peach-orange Nantucket! They are the best drink EVER!! Good luck you are in our thoughts and prayers!!
I am glad you will be able to go home soon. I am glad her bone marrow looks good. I hope today is a good day for you too.
This is soo great to read! I haven't been able to stop thinking about your little Rylee! You really are so positive that is definitely an AMAZING thing! You are such a great mom and wife! I hope you do get to go home on sunday!! You guys will always be in my thoughts and prayers!
Nat,
That is good news. You have such a great attitude! You are amazing. She looks so cute and it brings tears to my eyes to look at that picture of her with Jus. You would never guess how sick she is. Good luck with these next few days. Thanks for updating your blog. I have wanted to call you, but I know how busy you guys must be. Remember to take care of yourself too!
You have a great attitude Natalie! I have been thinking about you a lot since I saw your post yesterday. I am so sorry that your little sweetheart is sick, but so glad that things are going smoothly. It looks like you are in many prayers- mine included- may they bring you and Justin strength and comfort during this time.
Natalie-
You do have such a positive attitude. She's lucky to have you. You're in our prayers as well. We hope you get to come home on Sunday. Sure love you guys!
Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about you guys. It's really good to hear things are going so well and you are staying positive.
It was so good to see you guys today. I loved our visit, and I'm inspired by your positive outlook and take charge attitude. You're going to get through this with flying colors!!!
What great news! I sent a package for Rylee to primary children's that will get there on Monday, so maybe they will save it for you until you go down on Thursday. If it comes back, I will figure it out, we are just so happy that Rylee is doing well!
Jules
I am glad things are going good. I saw someone else mentioned the forever young room there. It is such a fun place Rylee would love it. Nic and Mason would go in there and play cars. Nic and I also grew quite fond of the movie cart. We have been praying for you, and are glad to hear that you will be coming home. Let me know if you need anything. Oh and she looks so cute in her little cart.
Post a Comment