I do laundry, cook, clean, the kids play, etc. Rylee certainly has her good days and bad days- at times she doesn't feel well at all. We mostly have to carry her around or hold her at moments like that. But I continue to be amazed at how she's able to bounce back a few days after treatment. It's a great blessing to still see her being her- happy, curious and cute! She's really started saying more words in these past few weeks & I love to hear her talk.
On Monday, Rylee started gaining enough strength to walk around again. Again, what a blessing! It really helps her when she's able to be independent. She's been walking since before 10 months, so she was pretty frustrated when she couldn't get around on her own.
Yesterday was a really good, normal day for her. I got her on video for any of you who have never met her in person, but I can't figure out how to post a video on here. Let me know if you know. I just wanted to show the here and now. I've noticed that when family or neighbors stop by or see her for the first time since she was diagnosed, everyone seems a little shocked at how "normal" she looks. We'll get comments like, "She still has her hair" or "She looks pretty much exactly the same" or "She looks really good- does she feel good?" Again, sometimes we're shocked about this too because we really didn't and don't know what to expect (we're only 2 weeks in)-it really is a day to day thing. Some days are certainly better than others in terms of how she feels. Today she was much less active than yesterday.
We have noticed side effects of the chemo kicking in little by little. Her hair has started to thin, she's gaining weight and eating way more than usual due to the steroids she's on and the steroids also make her a little temperamental and hard to please at times. After treatments, especially after the bone marrow and spinal punctures, she's in a lot more pain and it will take a few days for her to feel up to doing stuff again. I'm not sure what to expect as we get further into treatment. I don't know if it stays the same or gets harder or easier on their bodies. I guess we'll just follow Rhianna's, I mean Jordan Sparks advice and take it one step at a time. (I just heard it announced on the radio today.)
Well, tomorrow's our big day- heading to Salt Lake for another treatment. We got the bone marrow results back & unfortunately, she has to get another bone marrow test tomorrow. She is at an 11.4% blast level and she needed to be 5% or lower to not get it. We're just praying that she'll get to 5% or below by Day 28 (Oct. 30)- if not, she'll move into a higher risk category and have to start more intense treatments. Just pray that her current treatments will be effective. I don't think we could possibly handle any more "intense."
15 comments:
You guys are constantly in my thoughts. I am so glad that even though so much has changed, so much is still the same. The kids are both so cute. Thinking of you often.......
I was happy to see a new post. The pictures of Rylee look great. I will pray that her treatments will be effective. We love you guys.
She is such a cutie, & could Jace look any more like his daddy?? As for putting a video on....I always go to blogger.com & use the help function to help me do things like that, see if that works. Thanks for the update, hang in there!
Glad to see cute Rylee. We'll let you know when we are back to normal. I think we are, but it's frustrating with a big family - it takes time for an illness to go through everyone.
Hey Natalie,
I'm not really sure what to say except that I hope she will pass that test. I couldn't handle the "intense" that you already have, let alone more. Best wishes.
It is so good to see pictures of your kids. They are so cute, and I am glad that things are starting to fall into a routine of sorts. I think about you all the time, but especially on Thursdays. Let everyone help you as much as possible, and keep that positive attitude you have had all along!
Natalie,
I'm so glad to hear she is feeling good. She is so adorable! As for knowing what to expect as you get further in, with Scott there were the good and bad days. The trick is just getting through the bad days. It sounds to me like Rylee has done really good so far and you have such a positive attitude. Keep your heads up and I know you will get through this trial and it will be over in no time. We continue to pray for you and will pray that her tests will go good. Good Luck!!
You and Justin are so strong. I don't think a day goes buy where you guys aren't in our thoughts. I hope and pray for her treatments to start taking afffect. She is so cute. Jace is probably being a strong big brother. I bet its hard for him to see his sister sick.
I just did some catching up on your blog, and you have had a lot happening. I am so sorry that your little girl is going through all of this, but I am glad that she is having some good days. She is such a beautiful little girl!
Congratulations on the new baby boy! That is so crazy you have been right on all your kids. I have no idea on mine, and now I am just scared I will never get a boy.
Good luck on everything, and I hope that you are feeling well yourself. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Jill
Nat
I actually do know how to download a video clip from a digital camera on a blog so i can help you with that. Glad we were able to hang today eventhough you were probably in trouble from the "Boss Man" aka Justin when you got home.
HOllie
Hey Natalie!
I want you to know how much I appreciate that you write all these things down. It helps those of us who really can't stop thinking about your little girl. I seriously check your blog everyday for an update! Im glad she has good days and Im sure she's glad to have you on her bad ones! I will definitely pray that her levels go down to 5% I would hate for her to have to go through even more intense treatments! She'll pull through I know it!
good luck in SLC this week!
Congratulations on having a boy! :) I bet Jace is excited!! I am so glad that Rylee is doing well. It really is nice to read your blog and see how positive you are staying and it also motivates me to look around me and realize how much we have to be grateful for!
As always, good to see pics and hear the latest news. I check the blog every day, if there's not a new post, I just look at the pictures again. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
I love to see cute Rylee with a sparkle in her eye! Also, glad to hear that you're adjusting well to your "new normal." My mom took those steroids too, and she said she was constantly starving somedays. I feel like I'm stalking you guys, I check your blog daily...so, thanks for the updates!
I am so happy you are keeping your blog updated on Rylee and how she is doing. I really want to come by and visit with you, but I feel like one more (or three including the kids) isn't good for little Rylee. Just let me know if I can do anything for you, please!
You guys are constantly in our prayers and in my thoughts.
Post a Comment