Well, we made it through the first 24 hours post diagnosis. For those of you who aren't yet aware, Rylee was diagnosed with Leukemia last night. I have already sent an email around that gives a lot of the details and I don't have much time, so I won't repeat.
Just wanted a new update on the blog to let everyone know that we're busy at Primary Children's. It was confirmed today that she has the ALL form of Leukemia, which is apparently the one that you want. It's the most common and it has a high success rate.
Tomorrow will be a big surgery day for Rylee. They will do a spinal tap, bone marrow testing and will input the central catheter line, which will be a somewhat permanent fixture for awhile- this is where they input the chemo and take blood etc. They have been transfusing blood all day and still have more to go. Her red blood cells and platelets are still low. A platelet transfusion is scheduled for 8 a.m.
They also did an EKG on her heart today and we have yet to hear the results from that. That's about all the developments we have so far. If for nothing else than journaling purposes for our family, I would like to use the blog as a spot to write all this down. It's a whirlwind to say the least and I'm sure we'll want record of how it all went down later on.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Oh Natalie! I just heard the news! My prayers will be with you guys. I'm so glad that if she has to go through this that at least it has a high success rate for her recovery. Is there anything I can do for you? I'm right here if you need anything, shoot me an email & I'll be right up there with whatever you need.
Loves,
Suzie
Natalie,
I am so sorry you guys are going through this. Our prayers are with you and I hope that all will turn out well.
Love,
Kirsten
We're thinking about and praying for your family too.
Natalie,
Rylee has been in my thoughts constantly. Our prayers are with you. Let me know what I can do. I can be there in just over an hour. We love you guys. Jen
Thank you for being so open about what is going on in your blog. We have been so worried but don't want to bother you with phone calls. We love you.
Thanks for the update. We are praying for all of you. Hugs and kisses for Rylee from all of us!
Jus and Nat, i have been praying and crying for you and Rylee. I love you guys and can't wait to give Rylee a big hug! Thanks for keeping us updated. Let me know if you need anything. I love you guys!
You are in our thoughts and prayers! If you have any Primary questions let me know! I am a PRO at Primarys!!!
Nat & Jus,
I am so sorry for what you are going through. You will be in our hearts and prayers. Please Nat, let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Jenny
We are thinking of and praying for all of you. I hope that things just keep positively progressing. Thanks for the updates. Let me know what we can do to help... serious... I can mow lawns or do anything!
Jules
You guys are in our prayers and the prayers of our friends and neighbors. You have a great support group, if you need anything. If you need us we are there. We love you guys! Give Rylee a hug for us!
Hey Nat and Jus,
We are thinking of you and Rylee constantly. Please let us know what we can do to help with Jace, your house,anything!!! I talked to Angie Mikesell and she wanted me to tell you she is thinking of you and praying for you. We love you guys!!
Thanks for the update Nat. I have been wondering what was going on, but didn't want to bother you right now. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Love you guys
The curtis and whitney is me Alish. I forgot that I was logged in under my sister looking at something else.:)
We have been making ourselves sick with worry. But are somewhat comforted to know that she has ALL-and not something else. I'm sure that doesn't make the here and now any easier. We love you, and pray for you. My Mom put Rylee's name in their temple, and asked her sisters in Utah to do the same. So lots of thoughts and prayers are going your way. Jace played here today, he was very happy and well! I hope that isn't too big of a worry for you. Love, Jennifer and Bill
Natalie,
I just read your blog and had no idea. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. We will keep you in our prayers. I wish I could do more to help. Keep us updated.
Add our family to the list of those praying for the Taylor's. My heart is aching for you. I am so glad that you are getting wonderful care from a great hospital. We will be thinking of you often.
Wow Natalie! I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. I'm sure it is one of those things that you just wish so bad you could switch places with her. You and Rylee will definitely be in our prayers!
Oh Natalie..You were on my mind today and I just now got on your blog to see how you were feeling and read your post! I am soo sorry to hear this about your little Rylee. I will definitely add her to my prayers. What a tough thing to go through while pregnant! I really am so sorry, I wish I could do something for you. Have the Drs talked to you about banking your cord blood from this new baby? Ive heard that cord blood can do miracles for leukemia. Try and stay positive and KNOW that she is gonna get better!!
I am so sorry that this is happening to your little girl. She is so cute, I wish I could give her a big hug. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Jill
Oh Nat. Bree called me in the middle of night to tell me about Rylee. I am so sorry. Let me know if there is anything we cand do? we will be praying for you and your family. I am glad you are updating your blog so we know her prgress. I don't know why but for some reason the Lord thinks we need challenges to make us stronger. Hang in there. I love ya tons.
Cortney
My heart goes out to you guys! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Rylee.....
Natalie- I'm sorry to hear the news! You and your family are in our prayers
I am so sorry to hear that! You will definitely be in our prayers and in our thoughts! If you ever need ANYTHING, I'm only about 30 minutes away from Primary Childrens! I could take your little guy anytime... he'd have fun playing with Carson and Tanner! I'll email you my phone number. Please, if you need anything, let me know! Even if it's just that you need me to bring you lunch.
Wow. I am deeply sorry that you are experiencing this. Best wishes to your little one and your family. xoxo
Post a Comment