So...this week I decided to have Rylee's pictures taken. My friend Katie Wells did them & she always does such an awesome job.I had planned on doing some 18 month pictures and then after everthing happened, I was going back and forth about it- I didn't know if Rylee would feel up to it, didn't know how important it was to focus so much on the "before", etc.
Then this week came & as I've been noticing Rylee's hair thinning more and more each day, I started feeling the importance of NOW. So I called Katie
right then to see if she could do them that day. I was much more emotional than I had anticipated I would be. I could barely get through the call. It's just that you always think you have all of this time. If not today, tomorrow, if not this week, next. And then something like this happens and it hits you like a ton of bricks that next week might be too late. I wasn't sure what another round of chemo would bring. And I suppose I wasn't quite ready to face that it might already be time.
I know I'm a little biased, but I think she is a doll. I'm so glad that I decided to capture this moment. She is so precious to me. No matter what happens- she will always be this beautiful to us. I ran across this quote recently, it says "All you have to do is look straight and see the road. And when you see it, don't sit looking at it- walk."(Ayn Rand). It just helped me realize that it is what it is. I don't have to be afraid of it or dwell on it or try to deny it, I just need to go forward, face it and try to gain something from the experience.To see more pictures, go to http://katieportraits.blogspot.com/. After watching how busy Rylee is during the shoot, I'm always amazed that she can get such cute pictures.
21 comments:
Sooo cute. We love her, we love you guys. We're always talking about her. Tonight we talked a little about bone marrow, and that sometimes there is a need for a transplant. Ally came to me after with tears in her eyes and said, "Mom, I want to do that for her- if she needs it, I can do it!" I know that you know, but they are so willing - and want to help her.
Natalie I love the pictures. She is so cute. I looked at the blog of katie's to and there is some cute ones. I love the one with the sucker in her mouth. kristie
Sooooo cute! Rylee is adorable. I am glad you got her pictures taken they turned out great! I have to remind myself all the time to not wait until tomorrow. Play super heros and do crafts TODAY because if you keep putting it off you will wake up one day they will be all grown up and not want to do it any more. Cherish every moment with you little ones. Thanks for helping all of us to remember that.
She is so gorgeous!!
Rylee is so BEAUTIFUL!...and always will be! I mean look at those eyes! They are breathtaking! I am glad you were able to get these amazing pictures of her. They are priceless.
These are adorable! She really is such a doll! I love her sweet smile and cute little piggies. And I love the binky one-so cute!
Nat-
Rylee is so dang cute! You have always been such a positive person, I have never known you to be any other way. You are such a great mom!
Ty
Nat-
She looks so cute. I'm glad that you got these taken. Hang in there Natalie. You have so many prayers coming your way. Thanks for your post. This whole experience has made me hang on to Ezra a little tighter and to try to say "yes" more than "no". Thanks for your positive outlook on things. You're a great person and friend.
Love,
Lish
Oh you're not biased at all, she is absolutely ADORABLE! What a sweetheart!
She is such a cutie! I think it's great you captured the now :-)
Gorgeous pictures. Your photographer is really talented. You definately need to frame some of those.
oh my heck! she is such a doll! i want to sqeeze her! I got hang out with Jace the other day and he was having a great time pretending grandpa's boot was a toilet... i dont know where he came up with that one, but it was hilarious!
GORGEOUS!! She truly has the most beautiful eyes!! Im so glad you ended up having her pictures taken! Katie is super talented! What a great post to see her looking so great and so cute!
Too cute! The tongue-y smile is adorable. I can't believe she can get such great pics. The serious look (profile) is sweet. Love you all! Oh, and after reading Amanda's comment, you all might want to check your shoes before you put them on!
Those are awesome. Thanks for the reminder to cherish every bit of life. I needed that.
Natalie she is such a doll and so dang cute. I think she will always be so cute even when her hair falls out. She is such a strong little girl and she has some amazing parents.
Hi guys! I can't believe how cute those pictures are. I hope things continue to go well. Let us know if you need anything. We're thinking of you.
I love the pictures. What a doll!!I am coming in two days and will hopefully have a chance to see you and/or help you. Jen
She is such an adorable little girl! She has a sparkle in her eye and such a sweetness about her. I hope that you all have a good week...you're in my thoughts and prayers.
P.S. I love the picture of Rylee with the sucker in her mouth and her nose scrunched up. What an expression!
Natalie-I wanted to thank you for your sweet note. Don't know how you have time to send those out, but I appreciated it! You're amazing! :)
Post a Comment