Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today

Today...

I'm loving the last few rainy days. It's given me a chance to dig into some organization projects. Finally getting to my scrapbook room a little. Getting on top of laundry, going through clothes, finding a place for everything. I love to get things organized! I hope to get through all of our new medical paper work today. Pretty sure it doesn't belong in a big heap on the desk.

Also...

Is anyone else getting so excited for Christmas? I can't wait. I've been getting the urge to start decorating, but making myself hold off a few weeks. Maybe after Thanksgiving.

And..

Just curious. How long does everyone hold on to bath towels for? I swear my mom never got rid of a towel growing up, but I've been wondering if it might be time to switch a few out. Almost that feeling of never quite seeming clean, even though I wash them regularly and have even started adding some Clorox into the wash. We got most of our towels we use for our wedding, about 6.5 years ago. Is there a standard on this?

11 comments:

Shana Dee said...

As for towels, Daniel (my husband) thinks we need to get new towels every time we are in costco! He likes his towels to be big and fluffy. I don't think there is a golden rule for towels. The way I see it, if it still absorbs why throw it away.
However, since the holidays are coming, Fred Meyers has a BIG towel sell the day after Thanksgiving.

p.s. I am so excited for the Holidays too!!

Chantri said...

I seriously can't wait until it's "Okay" to decorate for Christmas! So fun to digg everything out and see it again and just feel the Christmas Cheer.
Towel...I am laughing cuz my Mom STILL has towels from when we were growing up! If she had it her way they'd be long gone, but my Dad is mr saver and thinks the towels that have shredded ends and that only cover half your body..."there just fine" as he would say. he he I like them soft and fluffy...so does Stacey...so we like to get new ones for our bath at least once every couple of years and hand down the others to the kids bathroom and then I always save some for bathtub spills, playing outside in the water, cleaning towels, car drying towels...those types of things.
I am jealous that you got some organization in....I need a good stradegy!

Heidi said...

My mom is a towel hoarder too. I think it is because she has had teenagers. I recently got some new towels when I changed my bathroom theme. Otherwise, I have a hard time getting rid of a towel that still does the job.

a-anderson said...

I have been in the organizing mood too. My goal tomorrow is my closet. I am so excited for Christmas and am almost done Christmas shopping! And towels-I will be checking ack to see what everyone thinks on that one.

Amanda Taylor said...

as i was reaching for my towel yesterday i thought the same thing... is it time for new towels? What can i do with the old? They are still good, in one piece... can't give them to DI, that's gross. maybe dad needs some new rags!

Harris Happenings said...

Okay, I still have some of the towels we got as wedding gifts 17 years ago. Mikayla and I like the wimpy, smallish towels to dry our hair with--no huge fluffy towel to balance on your head. They do come in handy for drying cars, home improvement projects, kids painting projects...Keep them in a safe place, but definitely buy some new ones if you can talk Jus into it!

Arfmann Family said...

Im so excited for Christmas that I have turned on my outside christmas lights for 3 nights now!! As for the towels, if they're the ones you keep moving to the bottom of the pile becaue they stink or you hate them, get rid of them. You know I love dejunking...We're still sorry about the broken line.
Hollie

The Hokansons said...

Nat- I love your blog. So much fun to read, and to be inspiried by - whether it's about organizing or keeping things in perspective, you always give everyone something to think about! As for Christmas, I love it like everyone else, but I am one of the few that doesn't like it to come too early, I just love fall too much! P.S. I called your cell phone a few weeks ago, just got your voice mail- hope you know you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers!

Jen said...

Funny thing...I just read this article about towels. Here is the link http://www.cheapskatemonthly.com//ed_cheapskate.asp?ID=39246

As for me and my bath towels...most of them need replaced. Most of the ones we got when we were married (almost 9 yrs ago) are in the kids bathroom. Most of the others are almost 5 years old and getting pretty tattered.

You are welcome to come and organize my house any time you want!

cortney and neil said...

I havn't talked to you forever, but I have been thinking about you just about daily. I was so glad to read that Riley is in remission! I know you still have a long road, but that is such good news. Things are hectic over here we finally bought a house! I finally decided my parents was the best choice. Once we are in (hopefully this weekend) we should really get together. I am glad things are going better.
Love ya
Cort

cortney and neil said...

By the way. Nic and I would be married six years to, and I was thinking my towels were looking a little shabby after that long too. I guess it is time to get new.