Thursday, May 8, 2008

Women's Conference 2008

Last week I had the great opportunity to attend Women's Conference at BYU. My mom, sisters and sister-in-law go every other year and we had a fabulous time. If you've never attended before, I recommend it all the way! The speakers are amazing and this year, President Monson talked at the closing session. Sheri Dew spoke one day and so did Julie Beck (General RS Pres.) It was unbelievable- you'll never see so many woman in one place at one time- approximately 17,000 this year.

For those of you who don't know what it is go here. http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference/

Besides the great classes that leave you on a spiritual high and have such great insight, the get-away is just as nice. Stay in a hotel, shop and eat out uninterrupted, go to movies, etc. If you're looking for a fun girls get-away- go! It's only $40 for the conference and well worth it. I was seriously tearing up after Pres. Monson's talk because I just felt so rejuvenated- ready to conquer the world! I so needed this.

And even better...my good husband took on the kids for a full 3 days & they did great, which makes my get-away even more special. When I got back, the kids pretty much planted themselves on my lap for a good couple of hours. Jace just kept staring at me. Guess it's good to be missed.

9 comments:

cortnieb said...

Ive gone to this conference once before and had so much fun with my mom!!
I love that you've had a 9 pounder too!! crazy story about him pushing his hand out!! what a cutie!! I can't imagine what size Hudson would have been full term..he was almost 3 wks early!! But the easiest delivery 1 contraction 3 pushes and there he was! I still can't believe it!!

a-anderson said...

That is so fun. I am glad you got away with your mom and sisters. What a fun girl's trip Can't wait to see you soon.

Chels and Blake said...

Sounds like a great trip!! Just so nice to get away and feel uplifted! Hopefully I can catch in on the action when we move closer!

Jana said...

How fun! I'm jealous!!! What a fun time to go with your sisters and mom. I'll have to do that some time.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

This looks fun, I'm going to copy you and go next year. I'm so excited for our little reunion this weekend!!

dansundstromfamily said...

I have always wanted to go, but I just haven't made it there. Did you see a young youth singing group perform that had two girls and two boys? Jen Hobbs's son Christian is in it and I thought she told me they were performing at the conference. Also, will you tell Nicole she never invited me to her PRIVATE blog next time you check hers. See ya this weekend.

Amy said...

Good idea! I might just do that this next year! It sounds amazing! I really need a girl's weekend! You look so great!

Holly said...

How fun is that?! Props to all your hubby's for taking great care of the kids! Isn't it great to have sisters?!

kiddle97 said...

I'm jealous. I've often wanted to go but never did, even when I lived in Provo. Lame, I know. I'm glad you had such a great time, and especially that you could spend it with the best women in your life.