Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snipits of Life

Seems like it used to be so easy to blog.

I'm trying to reclaim my life so to say...that explains my absence. I've been proclaiming that I'm having post-traumatic stress disorder. Maybe not officially, but it's funny now that things have settled, I feel more behind, more stressed and more out of control than I felt in the heat of all our troubles.

I swear it's the effect of seeing all that I've had to let go out of necessity. Drawers didn't get cleaned out, laundry was never caught up, things that needed decorated got pushed aside, years of photographs are waiting for my attention to put in albums or atleast print them or something. And now here I am, able to deal with it all now and it can be overwhelming picking up the pieces of two years of complete mayhem.

Lately I've just really been wanting an "easy" button. I want my house clean and to stay clean...how can kids destroy a full days work so quickly? I hate laundry...it's the never-ending job. I wish Rylee's speech development would come quicker, but as I know too well....it's a patient process and she's making progress, so I should be happy about that. I wish Jace didn't love to watch TV so much- I get stressed everytime he's sitting there, thinking that he should be more productive (beside the fact that TV drives me crazy...I don't need more noise in my life!). And Jaden.....oh this child. Seems like every other minute he's whacking someone over the head with something....or biting...or hitting...or getting into all loads of mishchief.

Basically it's life. It's not easy. Even when you get one hard thing over with, other things come along and challenge you differently. Miley was onto something when she said, "It's the climb".

So, this year...I'm trying to reclaim life. My goal for 2011 is "Life should be enjoyed, not just endured." I want to focus on really enjoying things more. Enjoy the parts of my house that are clean and organized and little by little do something everyday to improve it. Enjoy my kids, my husband, my friends and make time to plan some fun things. We went over to a neighbors house for game night the other night...had a great time. We took the kids bowling and to play games at Fat Cats for Justin's birthday...and had a great time! I always get home from these things and think, "We need to do stuff like this more often" and we do, so we are. This is the year!

I've got to get back into updating our blog. I love looking back on our memories and moments. It helps me enjoy things more as I look at the pictures and write about things. So the blog will hopefully be more regular from here on out.

Just wanted to jot down a few thoughts of where I'm at right now....just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

2 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

good to see another post from you...good luck with the day to day struggles...ahhh laundry. i got the curtains at Bed Bath and Beyond. Love them. 40 bucks a panel and they are insulating and light blocking too...

angie said...

I told Vince the other day that I needed a huge sign in my house that says "I CAN DO HARD THINGS!" Now, I know that particular phrase is usually used for people fighting cancer, serious illnesses, or who have lost a family member, but for me.....It is just for every day. Sometimes it is the littlest things that seem the hardest. Good luck! I am off to make my huge sign :)