Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter Blahs

Well, nothing brings out the worst in me like tax season and a never-ending winter. I swear I've been the grouchiest mom ever! Seriously ask my kids. Turns out that over-extended parenting hours + stir craziness isn't the best combo for me.

Needless to say, we've all needed a break.
The sun was actually out one winter day, so we decided to bundle up and go for a winter walk. It actually felt rather refreshing.

Here are a few scenes from our winter walk.

Buried mailboxes.



Sunken trampolines.

Iced rain gutters.

Giant snowman.

Of course, I threw in a little slave-labor to assure nap tiredness. We were trying to break all of the frozen snow off our driveway.
Jaden couldn't have been happier. He was made for the outdoors and could enjoy it for hours. He kept carrying this rake a shovel around like he was there for hire. He busies himself carrying them in and out of the garage, to the end of the driveway and back, up the stairs, down the walk way, etc.

He's going to LOVE spring and summer this year. I can't wait. Go away dreaded winter!

3 comments:

The Hokansons said...

Your such a good mom to get them all bundled up to go out. It's definitely nice once you are out, but sometimes the bundling up of the kids wears me out before we are even out the door!

Jennifer said...

I have spring fever also. I can't wait to get out and plant my flowers. Hopefully, the snow melts soon.

Jill said...

Hope your snow is melting. I just had to tell you this. When Kate says the family prayer at our house, she always says "bless the Taylor baby that she will grow her hair back." We need to get together sometime so she can actually meet Rylee. She has been pretty concerned about her.