Friday, February 19, 2010

Jaden's One!

He's one! Couldn't tell you where that year went, but here we are a year later. It's been a dramatic year and this little guy has certainly contributed to the drama. He's a ball of energy, which adds a lot of excitement (and exhaustion), but he's also brought lots of joy and love to our family. He has kept us on our toes and brought life to a year that we probably would have rather crawled in a hole. He's is adored by his bro and sis and keeps us laughing (or sometimes crying if he tackles you, bites you or scratches you-little stinker!) He's intense!!

For Jaden's 1st Birthday, we decided to go swimming at Green Canyon with some of our family. With all of his energy, he gets stir crazy and needed to get out. Felt like a good break from the long, cold winter we experience for way too long here in Rexburg.

He loves the water and was perfectly content splashing and kicking around.

After our swim, the cousins gathered around for some cupcakes.
And we sang Happy Birthday to Jaden. I had to help him with the candle.

And he had no problem devouring the cupcake. He loves chocolate.
(I may or may not have eaten quite a bit during my pregnancy with him.)
Of course, he opened a few presents. It's mostly comes down to necessities when you're the 3rd child.

But..we splurged a little on this little 4-wheeler. Perfect for a wild man.

Of course, even before we could get the wrapping off, he climbed straight up on the seat. Evil Knievel in training. I should have known.

Happy First Birthday Bubby!

8 comments:

Allison Holt said...

OH Bubby!!! I still think he is so cute! I'm sad we couldn't come to the party... I haven't been to Green Canyon forever. It looks the same... Looks like you had a lot of fun!

The Hokansons said...

He's a doll. Jace is all Justin, but man Jaden looks like a total mix of the two of you to me. If it makes you feel any better, Sutten is pretty much a little tird too. My kitchen chairs are permanetly put away for now, and my bar stools reside on top of the kitchen bar.

Jennifer said...

We had fun at Green Canyon. Thanks for the invite. McKell added "Who's Lou?" to her favorite book list at school and has asked a lot of questions. I think it has helped her understand a little bit more about what has been going on with Rylee. Happy Birthday Jaden!

Chris and Cindy said...

Hi Natalie! I can't believe he's one!!! He is going to looove that four wheeler... how fun!!

Audra Gines said...

Your kids are adorable. I can't believe they are getting so big! I love all your pics, how you find the time to blog is beyond me, but I'm glad you do!

Heidi said...

It has been a while since I have read your blog. Jaden sounds like a busy little guy. I can't wait to see you all in April!

The Wyatt's said...

Happy Birthday to Jaden! It's so funny because I can totally see his energy in each picture! What a cutie!

Bree said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Jaden! It was so fun to run into you...we really do need to plan a game night...maybe AFTER April 15?? :)