Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tooth Fairy

Where has the time gone? Jace lost his first tooth this past Friday.

A few weeks ago, the dentist discovered that it was rather loose. I hadn't even thought about him being old enough to loose a tooth yet. It seems like he just got his teeth. The one right next to it is pretty wiggly too, so I'm sure that it won't be long until the bottoms are out.

When he left for school on Friday morning, his tooth was basically hanging by a limb, but he didn't want me to pull it.

He said that when he was eating his snack at school, it fell out. He lost it at first, but then his friend told his teacher and she found it on his chair. He brought it home from school in a little plastic sack. It didn't even bleed.

He's been having fun putting his tongue through the hole and feeling all the different foods through it. It makes him seem so much older.

The tooth fairy made her first appearance at our house that night and was a little nervous. I think she scrambled for what to do. What's a fun tradition? How much do you pay for a tooth? Well, she decided to create a little fairy dust in the sack, along with a dollar. We're in recession- how much can a kid expect? I'd love to hear what the tooth fairy does at your house - we've got another one coming soon!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I should have kept reading for info on losing the tooth. How exciting for Jace.

Harris Happenings said...

I'm soo into the tooth fairy! When a kid lost a tooth, I'd say, "go ask dad for a dollar." I don't recommend this method. :(

Allison Holt said...

Wow Jace that's totally cool! I can bring home so cute treasure chest boxes we give to our patients so the tooth fairy can find that instead of a zip-lock !