Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Never a Dull Moment...

Life moves at a rapid pace around here.

Saturday night, Jace & I were enjoying ourselves at the Peking Acrobat show at BYU-I. Like any good audience member, I turned my phone off- not worried, knowing that Jaden & Rylee were home safe & sound with Justin. I'd be home in a short two hours.

Well....my heart got pounding just a bit when I turned back on my phone to see a couple missed calls from Jus, with a text message that said, Call me. NOW! You never know what that might mean in our world.

Well...turns out after I had been gone for less than a half hour, the master or disaster (a.k.a. Jaden) decided to tip the sofa table over on top of himself and get a big gash in his eyebrow, requiring 5 stitches. You'd think that I'd be shocked, distraught and a bit shaken when I found out, but since we frequent the ER as much as most people go to the grocery store, "trauma" hardly phases me anymore. Poor bubby- 5 stitches & a black eye.
There is never a dull moment with this kid around. Just last week he had a bloody, fat lip from running too fast on our cement floor in the basement. And..I found out that he can scale shelves at the store. Here's more proof of his rascally ways. I have a feeling this won't be his only trip to the E.R.
Still cute, even with a fat lip- hardly phased him.
"Hum...a stroller meant for dolls that rocks back & forth? Might as well give it a try. Oh, and in my mouth? A wet wipe stuffed as far in as I can get it. What?"
"Ahh! A mirror that attaches at the top, but not the bottom? Give it a good pull and off the wall it comes. I've tried this one a few times."

"Open drawer, climb inside. Stand up, open drawer above me. Get stuck. Then mad that I can't get myself out."

"What's this? A car with a door that opens? Well, I'll go around and jump in the side without the door."

" I knew this wagon would be good for something."

"My sister uses fingers for picking, I use them for chew toys- and it hurts!"

"I see a laundry pile. I will toss it to & fro and roll around in it, even though it's dirty."

"Toys should not be in a basket. Dump."

Already using the toilet.

"One puddle in the whole yard, I'm there!"

"Who said toys are for playing with? I can dance up here too."

"You've got glasses? They're mine!"

And he's not even one yet! He's got a lot of curiosity and hardly any fear. That sounds like trouble to me. Oh boy, we're in for it.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - what a handful. He is a busy little guy. Sad about the stitches though. Also, did Jace lose a tooth? McKell noticed in the picture.

Allison Holt said...

Oh sad.. He is looking so old though... I also think he looks a little like Matt in the picture of him with the fat lip. I can't believe he gets around like he does. He is stinking cute!

Harris Happenings said...

Fun, fun, fun! He's so cute, you can't get upset with him, right?

The Hokansons said...

Oh Nat! I thought my boys were busy. I have to sadly say that I think you are in for it with this kid! He's totally adorable. I bet Jus felt bad that happened when you were gone, but things like that happen to all of us parents.

angie said...

Laughing hard over here! I think we have the same child, except mine is in a girls body :) The drawer thing is a daily occurrence over here. One day they will learn to close the top one. So funny, but sad about the stitches.

The Wyatt's said...

Oh he is too cute. Sounds like he really keeps you busy though! I can't believe you caught all that action on camera. That was a fun post.

Bree said...

Oh my goodness--what a little stinker! As if you didn't already have your hands full!! haha!! He's sure looking more grown up! And to think I've never even met him before! Sad!! We really should get together! Let me know if you ever have a free afternoon for a playdate(or evening for games!) :)

Jenny Williams said...

Oh my goodness, I am cracking up laughing! What a cute boy! I can't believe how busy he is. The wet wipe in the mouth reminded me of when one time my Allie stuck a piece of tissue up her nose. It was rolled up into a little ball and up so far we had to go to the ear, nose, throat doctor to get it tweezed out. Oh, the things we go through! And I am impressed that Justin took Jaden to the ER. Crae would have passed out. I have had to take Allie to the ER by myself because Crae couldn't handle it!! Go Jus!!

Suzie said...

Oh my goodness Nat, I got tired just reading that! Too bad about the stitches though! I saw those cozy blue jammies that he was wearing in those first few pics, we have those too & I want a pair for myself, aren't they so soft?!

Delores said...

What a great family. You have a lot going on. It is a great time in life, even though it is crazy. You are doing a great job and have your priorities where they need to be. I realize we don't know your little family very well. So glad you share.

charm said...

OH MY! Poor little man! Brin had stitches on the opposite eyebrow... but not because she's a curious, energetic little person. She's just a tried-and-true clutz! I'm sorry your fun night had to end like that! You seriously have the best attitude, though!

a-anderson said...

Good thing he is so CUTE! I love the cowboy hat pic. He and Crew would be a pair right now. I think I know a little of how you are feeling with a busy little guy around. I hope we can plan the reunion. I am so excited to catch up with old friends!