Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Officially Grossed Out

This past week, we had to go to Wal Mart for a few items. Now, I already have my issues with the Wal Mart here (too small, crowded, out of everything always) and wish I could avoid shopping there, but since there are not many options in this one-horse town, I grin and bear it. Any of you familiar with the Rexburg Wal Mart, probably agree that it sucks.

Anyway, while we were there, Jace needs to go to the bathroom. I tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted that he could not wait. I hate public restrooms- especially with two kids in tow. Trying to hold one and help the other. AHHH- it has sick written all over it.

But this is not why I was offically grossed out. Jace was finishing up by washing his hands and out comes a lady from one of the other stalls. She completely passes by the sinks, gives me a cordial smile (as if she doesn't feel that she's doing anything wrong by not washing) and then opens the door (with her unwashed bathroom hands, mind you) and carries on with her shopping. What grown woman doesn't wash her hand after using the bathroom? I don't care how clean or careful you are- if you wiped- WASH!

I was so sicked out and in disbelief. I later saw her shopping around the store and honestly felt like slapping the scarlet letter on her-- BATHROOM HANDS! I mean what if I get her cart next or what if she puts the toothpaste back on the shelf and I buy it instead? Interestly enough, tonight at the gym, I read a statistic in a magazine that said 88% of women wash after using a public restroom and only 66% of men do. I am so glad I'm not a microbiologist because I think I'd start living in a bubble.

Like I said, just grin and bear it! (and hope you don't get that cart!)

7 comments:

cortnieb said...

Hey Natalie, I don't know if you remember me..Cortnie Pence? now Bigelow but I checked out your blog today and I have to say that I feel the same way!! Every morning at the gym there is this one lady who always manages to use the bathroom while Im in there washing my hands from using the elyptical machine and she NEVER washes her hands!!! It is so disgusting!!! I am almost to the point of bringing clorox wipes with me and wiping every mahine I use!!! so sorry you had to witness something so gross!! I would have avoided that woman like the plague. AAH just the thought of it is making me gag! Anyway..I hope you have a great day and tell Justin hello! Your kids are so flippin cute and Jace looks so much like a Taylor its crazy. and your little girl...so cute and you are so lucky to have one! have a great day!
cortnie

a-anderson said...

Sick...Sick...Sick!!!! I hate public restrooms too. And that is so gross when people don't wash. That is why I have hand sanitizer in the car for the after Walmart experience.

The Jensen's said...

I have to say that the Rexburg Walmart is the worst store I have ever been in. I had to stop there the day I brought our taxes up for Justin, and of course as soon as we get into Walmart Mac got a dirty diaper. I had to change it. I felt so grossed out in that bathroom, and I remember thinking that I wish he could just sit in his stink, but that would be miserable. So low and behold, the next day Mac and I were both sick! From now on I will never shop at that Walmart!

Jenny Williams said...

Funny Story! We all have those nasty Walmart stories. My girls both always without fail have to go to the bathroom whenever we are in a store. It grosses me out! My girls have to do it all by themselves each in their own stall. It is discusting! We literally scrub their hands after the whole experience. I also have hand sanitizer in my purse for when we get in the car!
That is the worst though when you see someone not wash their hands. I told Crae about this, and his response was, "Maybe she dripped dried!" Nice hu?

Jillian said...

Natalie----You are hilarious. This is Jillian sleight. I found your link through Tangi's - I am adding your link to mine- We can keep in touch and one of these days actually get together. I just had another baby so things have been a little crazy!

Meg said...

HEY GUYS! How are you? I was so excited to see that you had a blog! Your family is so cute and I loved being able to see what you have been up to! I can't believe your back in Rexburg! That's so fun! New York is fun- I miss the small town sometimes though and I really miss having a car! Keep in touch- Tell Justin hi for me!

Meg

Bree said...

Oh wow---that is gross! I really don't know what people are thinking when they don't wash their hands!!! HELLO??? Ick... Anyway--hope you guys had a great Easter!