Tagged again. Here's some more info. about me. Take it or leave it.
What were you doing 10 years ago? Just finishing up my freshman year at Ricks College and working as the Asst. Mgr. at Zuka Juice(now Jamba). I had a very diverse group of roommates. One was from WA(who drove a new camero & had never been on a date), British Columbia (who was an RM- not very common back in the days of Ricks), South Korea (would get phone calls from her BF in Korea around 2 a.m. or later), Idaho Falls (she was my room roomie & was a clogger at Ricks), Roberts (friend from HS who got engaged this year) and an army brat who had lived everywhere from CA to China (she added a lot of spunk & lived off of rice and cookie binges)! It was a good year of finding myself out in the real world & trying to figure out where I was going to steer this ship.
5 things on my to-do list
1. Clean the house (why is this always on the list?)
2. Definitely go to the gym (remember Easter candy?)
3. Laundry (does it ever end?)
4. Figure out something for FHE
5. Schedule visiting teaching & figure out handout for VT conference next week.
Also...try to keep Jace out of the candy!
6 snacks I enjoy
1. Wheat thins dipped in veggie cream cheese
2. White chocolate mousse/ice cream with oreo and carmel mix ins
3. Oreos (the new Cakesters are yummy too), chocolate chip cookies and carmeled apples
4. Fresh baked bread or rolls with homemade strawberry jam
5. Saltines & cheese
6. Snow shack/snow cones.
(That was a little too easy)
7. Watermelon or apples too (had to throw in a healthy one)
3 bad habits.
1. Biting fingernails
2. Blogging/wasting time on Internet
3. Staying up late
If I were suddenly a billionaire, I would....probably do much of what I'm doing now, except do it much bigger and better. Give more, save more, travel more, buy more, pay more taxes. I'll tell you one thing I wouldn't do- throw down like $5,000/night for a one night stay in some suite or hotel. I always think this is so excessive when celebs do this. Even if I could, I wouldn't. There are much better ways to use money.
Five places I've lived.
1. Rigby, ID
2. Rexburg, ID
3. Logan, UT
4. Salt Lake City, UT
5. North Ogden UT
5 jobs I've had. Well, besides being a mom, I've been
1. Public Relations Coordinator
2. PR Intern for the NASA Space Grant Consortium
3. Photo assistant/receptionist for a photo studio (I scheduled photo sessions, helped clients choose photos, placed orders, put wedding books together, etc.- loved it.)
4. Office Manager for 2 different Chiropractic offices - loved one, hated one.
5. Customer service/page designer @ a scrapbooking store.
5 things people may not know about me.
1. I can't stand to loose things- especially the kid's toys/parts to toys. I honestly have a mental note of what came with what and how it was displayed in the box and each and every part of nearly everything. I can tell you exactly what we're missing from over the past 3.5 years. (Like the cow and pig from the farm set Jace got from my parents his 1st Christmas) It drives me nuts that we somehow misplaced these items; so much that I've tried to replace the missing parts by calling the toy makers directly and looking for them on ebay. No luck. Call me crazy! And let me know if you have any toy parts for sale!
2. I still drive the same car that I drove as a senior in high school. My parents bought it for me brand new & I got to pick it off the lot, but I haven't gotten a new car since, although we're getting close to upgrading.
3. I've always had a "so called" sixth sense about my life- most things have turned out exactly how I thought they would. After H.S., I only applied to Ricks & I got in, then I only applied to transfer to Utah State- also got in, when I was 18, I had a feeling that I'd marry Justin and turns out that I did (only 5 years later). I thought I was having a boy on my 1st pregnancy-true, thought it was a girl for the 2nd- also true. But this is the kicker- I was reading through an old journal and way back in H.S. I was thinking about my future and for some reason wrote that I somehow thought that my future husband would be an Accountant- what are the chances? Something fishy is going on here- I should start a fortune telling business. Maybe I could see where those missing toys went.
4. I've had 2 C-sections
5. One of my life's regrets is that I didn't serve a mission. Justin always rebutes this by saying that if I would have went, he wouldn't have married me (because he apparently doesn't like Sis. missionaries) but, whatever. I think it could've been a priceless experience.
People I tag: Jillian, Alish & Jenny
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Nat I'm with you on spending too much time on the computer. I spend way too much time shopping on the internet and spend way too much money, it's just too easy. If I had the money, I'm guilty, I would stay in a hotel room for $5,000. I've always wanted to do that just once. By the way, Jill updated my blog for me. The only way my blog will survive is through Jill. What a great sis-in-law! So when are we getting together?
Nat, obviously I spend too much time on the computer too. These blogs are addicting, yet so much fun. I got my bedroom set from a little decor store here in Logan. It is called Accent. They do not have any furniture on display, so we had to order it out of a catalog, which was a little scary, but I love it. It is a dark brown color. We also got our office furniture from them, and I love it too. The bedroom furniture brand is Coaster. Maybe some furniture stores up there have catalogs that you could look through. Or you'll just have to come to Logan and visit and shop!!!
I spend WAY to much time surfing blogs and shopping. Evertime my kids take a nap I have good intentions of doing all sorts of productive things, but I always end up on the computer...so pathetic. Anyways, we are coming to Idaho this weekend, and I really want to come see you! I hope you are going to be around. I'm getting my kids pics taken in Rexburg on Friday, so I will call you!! Hope you had a good Easter
P.S. since you are psychic did you already know that I was coming???
Loved reading your tag. Can you tell me my future. I am really wondering about it lately? And I have to stay away from those yummy cakesters!
Natalie, you have such a cute blog. This is Suzie Miller by the way. I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but your kids are so cute. I have a blog too, but it's private, so if you want an invite, email me at paul.suzie@gmail.com & I'll invite you.
Loved to hear more about you. Can you predict what I'm having? That's crazy! I couldn't spend money on a hotel like that either, but if someone else was paying I totally would. Dave's old job at PwC used to do it all the time and I loved coming along for the ride.
I hope you don't mind me commenting--I feel kind of ridiculous because I went to high school with your husband but really doubt he knows who I am--anyway, I somehow came across your blog (one of those WAY to late at night blog surfing occasions) and started reading--got sucked in! You are so funny! A VERY talented writer for sure!
Anyway, I noticed Justin served his mission in Cleveland, which is where I live (well, I live in the suburbs). I thought that was crazy! Who knows--maybe he even served in my ward (just way before we came!)
You have such a cute family--hope it's okay I stopped by tonight!
I finally found your blog again! I have been searching for it for days & wondering where I came to it in the first place! I had a lot of catching up to do! You are so dang cute and your blog is so fun to read. I think we need to get together some day.
I think tags can sometimes get a little annoying to do for yourself, but they are SO fun to read for everyone else. As usual--fun to get to know you better! I don't think I knew you had c-sections (did I? :)) I'm in that club too! haha. I love that you've had the same car since h.s.! Good ol' Hondas!! That will be so fun for you guys to upgrade though. Have you made any purchases since your post requesting advice and suggestions? Enjoyed your visit this week. We need to plan another playdate with Courtney!
I don't even know if you are going to get this, but I just thought I would let you know, Jake said the same thing about girl missionaries... why is that! HMM?
Post a Comment