I'm in the market for a few items. Wondered if anyone has a good recommendation. I am big on word of mouth. Tried and true.
1. Mid-size SUV or other family vehicle(mini van, burb, etc.)- likes and dislikes? Year, Make, Model? Anyone selling anything in good condition? The Honda just isn't cutting it anymore.
2. Childrens Kitchen Set- looking to get one of these for Rylee's 1st B-day at the beginning of April. So many choices- which is the one to get?
3. Besides Pottery Barn...other sites/stores for boy bedding? Also... any good leads on wall decor for boy rooms?
4. Office furniture- is it just me or are there not many options for decorating an office these days?
5. A good place/selection for rugs. I need a bunch- area rugs, under dining table, entry way, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
6. Any good sites for home decorating? I'm in serious need of inspiration and home shows don't start for a couple more months.
Thanks for any input- the blogging community always comes through.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
O-kay, I must admit that I got my idea for the title of my last post from Chase's shirt:)))) The rest was completely unplanned!! I'm also looking for cute wall decor for boy's rooms. I'm kinda sick of pottery barn. I got Chase's bedding from a place called Serena & Lily. I don't know if they sell older boy stuff, but I liked how simple & cute their crib bedding is. Also, there is a place in SL that is called Osmonds that my in-laws LOVE, is sells furniture and home decor. If your in the area check it out. Hope this helps!
P.S. I forgot, I really like Babinski's Baby in SL too. It has mostly baby decor, but it sells some fun, different things for older kids. We just got some cute butterflies to hang from Ellie's ceiling. It's in foothill village.
Nat,
So here's my bit of info. Here are some websites I've looked at for home stuff: myhomeideas.com, getdecorating.com, homevisions.com, and homedecoratingideas4u.com
I just test drove the GMC Acadia, it seats seven and I loved it. We are thinking of doing the same as you, the midsize suv. Children's Kitchen- Little Tykes Cook and Learn, available online at Wal-mart. I think rugs entail shopping all over, T.J. Maxx, Ross's, Shopko, Tuesday Morning, pottery barn, restoration hardware, and target. With rugs I don't think you'll ever find all that you want in one store. Finally, office furniture, I think you have to get it custom made to really love it, but I did go to an outlet store in Logan a few years ago that wasn't bad. Oh, as for boy bedding I searched online all over and I couldn't find anything I liked better thatn Pottery Barn. Good Luck and I hope you enjoyed my book of advice.
Nat,
I LOVE my Tahoe it was used, but I like that because my kids would have destroy it anyway. This way there are already a few imperfections.:)I have not been in the market for house stuff for a while, so I am not much help there. I do love Target if you want to look for less with kids bedding. I got both of my kids bedding there. I love Lexi's, but Cole's was cotton and shrunk in the washing machine.:( (It still was really cute with all the accessories). Costco had the best kitchen set around Christmas time, but I really like the Step 2 brand for play kitchens. My kids have loved their kitchen ( mine is little tikes, I think). Hope this helps, get out and go shopping!
Try www.landofnod.com, or www.thecompanystore.com (Kids) for kids decor. I think your best bet for rugs is Linen and Things or Bed Bath & Beyond, around here anyway, once in a while Ross or TJ Maxx has some cute ones too. Also check out www.homedecorating.com, hope that helps! :)
Let's see if I have any insights(haha)...for office furniture we searched and searched all over the web and in Rexburg & I.F. We finally got our desk thru Staples, the Apothecary collection. We've loved it--sturdy, nice looking but depending on the pieces you get it can be pricey...For Avri's bedding I searched for weeks online and then ended up getting it at Target. It was a designer I'd seen on tons of different cites, but a bit cheaper...I WISH we could get a new SUV...if we did I think we'd get an Acadia or Tahoe/Yukon (pretty similar). I have a friend with a Honda Pilot and she loves it. James' mom just got an Equinox and she loves it too. Not sure on the home decor/rugs...just lots of searching probably! Good Luck! Oh, and yes Courtney & I had fun on Tues. We missed you so we'll have to do it again soon!
I just happened to fall upon your blog and I couldn't help but want to give a few comments. For the bedding, I like www.thecompanystore.com and have you ever been to Mini Bazaar in Idaho Falls? They have some great quality woven rugs that I got for my kitchen. Love them!! You can order in all different colors and sizes. You should check it out if you live near that area.
Post a Comment