Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Homebound

So we've been a little homebound during these long winter months. The other day, I finally did decide that I couldn't take it any longer, so we made the trek to I.F. to do some shopping. After getting stuck (when I was trying to turn around to go back home to get my cell phone (that I forgot) in case we did get stuck- go figure), driving at apprx. 40 mph or slower the whole drive there and then having to push a lady's car out of the drifting snow banks off the side of the road (and my pants were wet knee high). I just decided it isn't worth it. So.... here's a few ideas on what you can do when you're stuck at home.
1. Fix up a little V-Day arrangement. Just a clear vace, V-Day candy and some cute flowers. Too bad all the candy is now gone- but what do I expect? We've been home all day long, remember. It was cute.




2. Carry your little sister around the house - it probably won't make your mom nervous at all. (And while your at it- don't bother getting dressed either.)

3. Make a snow cave with your dad.


4. Or maybe sledding on a greased up cookie sheet is more your style. We don't own a sled?

5. You could always have a little photo shoot to entertain mom.


6. Or..pretend that you're going skiing and your scooter is your snowboard, your bat is your ski pole and construction hat & goggles are ski gear- Oh and don't forget your gloves- it's cold out there. (Jace got this idea after watching the Backyardigans- they were going skiing and he gathered all his items to improvise what they were doing.)

7. There's always gymnastics!


8. Or toilet paper pulling- that's really fun!

9. But a little R&R is usually the best! Just eat, drink, (watch some more T.V.) and be merry right?


10. But...if all else fails. Stick something up your nose! It will atleast give you a good laugh.
Ahhh.. the adventures of hibernation.

7 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

I too am sick of winter and ready for spring. Although I don't think I have as much room to complain as you. I can't believe how much snow you guys are getting up there! People around here keep saying we are getting a lot of snow but it's nothing compared to what you have. It looks like you are finding ways to entertain yourself. That's the hardest part with kids. So I met your friend Alish today. She's up visiting and came with Gilly to a music class I do for kids. What a small world! It's always fun to make a connection! Hope the snow melts for ya! Have a good day. Angie

Jana said...

That was a fun post! It looks like you guys have a blast inside your house. Can we come play? Ok, we're too far away, but cute pics and commentary! I can't believe how much snow there is, it's crazy! I haven't seen that much snow since I was a kid. Way to go Justin for keeping the drive way shoveled, I'd just give up, make my hubby work from home and eat my years worth of food storage and wait for spring. You guys are great!

Jana said...

Ok, please don't think I have a years worth of food storage. :) We'd probably wind up starving!

a-anderson said...

Loved the post. It made me laugh. I can't wait ot come and visit you.

Bree said...

Ohhh the things you do to keep entertained! Loved the pictures! You guys are so cute! We are SOOOOOO ready for nice weather! The other day James and I listed off ALL the things we want to do this summer and I'd really like to get started checking them off! :) Darn winter! I'm glad it seems to be going by fast...just not fast enough! Let me know if you'd still like to plan a couples' night out! We would love make it happen!

Heidi said...

Natalie, you and I are in the same boat. Might as well get a cup of hot chocolate and do some online shopping. I am so sick of winter. It is hard to believe that spring will ever arrive.

Guenter Family said...

Hilarious, reading that and all of your comments took me back to a lot of good memories from good old Ricks. Those were a lot of good times we had. Makelle
P.s. Britney Steele is getting married in March.