Friday, February 22, 2008

Everyone Has a Story....Here is Ours

It's taken me forever to get around to this. I was "Husband Tagged" by Nicole. Here's the low down on my favorite guy...Justin!

What is his name? Justin Max Taylor

How long have you been married? It will be 6 years in May

How long did you date? Ha, ha-- like 5 years, but this was on and off and includes the time he was on a misson (which we wrote, but I dated while he was gone.)

How old is he? 28

Who eats more sweets? For sure me- he likes certain treats, but has much more control than me. For instance, I can't stand it when he wants to "save" a treat for later- I'm always trying to get him to give me his if he doesn't want it. He'll save it forever too- I can't hardly stand it without wanting to eat it myself. I'll keep asking him- "are you going to eat that yet? Can I have it?"

Who said I love you first? Not sure who said it first, but I completely remember the first time I realized I loved him. I was like 18 years old, but the actual words most likely came later. He was completely different than anyone I had dated and knew he was worth keeping. It was probably me though- but I can't really remember the moment if so. (I need to take a peak at my old journal) I was always pretty certain as to how I felt about him. I do remember all the details of when he told me though. I thought, "Finally!"

Who is taller? Him- he's about 6'2, I'm 5'4

Who can sing better? Justin- he hides his talent under a bushel though. He seriously has a good voice and can sing country better than the best. When he's in his zone- he'll belt out a pretty nice rendition. I don't have much of a voice, but I'm not afraid to sing either. Sometimes on our long drives home to Idaho (when we lived in UT) we'd break out in little duets to kill time- we sang some Tim & Faith, numbers from the Moulon Rouge sound track & others. We've even been known to make up our own musical- just singing whatever came to mind in true Broadway style (singing every sentence/line)- seriously so funny! (no one but the two of us have ever or probably will ever witness this). Good times!

Who is smarter? Well, I'm older (by 8 months), so I guess me, based on my level of experience. Ha, ha. Just kidding- we both have a pretty good head on our shoulders. School was always pretty easy for me and I feel like I can figure most stuff out. But-- Justin has more schooling than me, if that means anything. However, I have a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations and he has a Master's in Accounting, which is much harder than mine in my opinion. Jus is smart because he applies himself and works hard to achieve. He knows more about his stuff- like sports, money/finance, house details, fixing things, cars, etc. And I know more about my stuff like kids, organzing/planning, people, writing/reading, computers, technical things (he has no patience for trying to figure stuff out- like anything that involves reading a manual or assembling stuff- I do most of these things or else he just wings it- like when he put the side of the crib on upside down- um not how it goes, didn't you read the instructions?).

Who does the laundry? Me now. Jus used to help when I worked full time and he was going to school.

Who pays the bills? Justin. I used to keep really good track of stuff like this, but now this is completely his deal- I couldn't even tell you what's coming in or out. As long as I've got some to spend- I'm fine.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me

Who mows the lawn? We've never really had a lawn yet. But... I had to growing up and have no problem with it. When we lived at my parents house, Jus did it. I guess we'll see once we get our yard in this Spring.

Who cooks dinner? Me- but I wish that he would more often. Once again, he used to help occasionally with this. He does help on Sundays or cooks breakfast sometimes.

Who drives? Jus- he's a nervous wreck when I drive (for some reason?)

Who is more stubborn? Both- most people would think me and I am pretty stong willed, but Justin in silently stubborn. If ever someone has to apologize- it's mostly me that gives in first. But... I usually do get my own way.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me and I was his first kiss! (I had slightly more experience already). We had been dating for 3 months before he got the guts to go for it. Once again, I was like, "Finally!" It was 11 years ago in March. It happened in the Rigby High parking lot and he was wayyy past his curfew, so his dad came looking for him. It was totally worth the trouble he got into.

Who asked who out first? He did. He asked me to Senior Ball- December 1996! I never expected him to ask me and definitely never thought he would end up as my husband. I honestly thought he asked me because his brother Greg (who was at college, but who I had been friends with forever and was better friends with than Jus) had put him up to it. Turned out that wasn't the case. Funny how things work out.

Who proposed? He did- Finally! Can you tell I had to be patient for this guy? After he got home from his mission, it was a roller-coaster for a year, but we finally figured stuff out. We had a nice dinner at Jakers and then he popped the question at the Green Belt- overlooking the temple. I picked out my ring, so I knew it coming, but didn't think it would happen that night. We got the ring in Logan (where I was going to school) and since I had been with him constantly, I didn't think he had went there to get it. Come to find out- our friend Ryan met him in Pocatello with it. Also...my dad was in a farming accident the day we got engaged and I had been at the ER with my family- so I definitely didn't think it would be that night, but I think he had the ring and just couldn't wait. We both knew, but our families had no idea- they were very surprised!

Who has more siblings? Him by one. There are 7 kids in my fam, 8 in his. But we are both 3rd to the youngest.

Who wears the pants? Me mostly, but like I said he has a silently stubborn side to him that wins out occasionally. It's probably more one leg in really- we're both good at compromising and the whole give and take bit.

Thanks Nicole for Tagging me on this- it's fun to actually record stuff like this somewhere. To keep the tag rolling, I tag: SHANTAY TAYLOR, HEIDI TAYLOR, JULIE SUNDSTROM, CHELSIE PEDERSON and TASHA PRICE. Have Fun!

3 comments:

a-anderson said...

It is so fun to read about you and Justin. What great memeories!

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Nat, reading this brought back so many good memories! How many nights did we stay up til 4am talking/worrying about the boys that ended up being our husbands?? I loved every minute of it, and I'm so glad I got to share some of these great memories with you. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Me again, I just had to tell you that Jon & I totally rock out to duets on road trips too!!!