Sunday, December 23, 2007

While we were away...

While we were in California, Tasha brought a bunch of fun stuff for the kids to do. This is the gum ball tree they made.

Jace nearly had a break down when Justin ate one of the gum balls off of the tree. He was like, "Dad- that was my project, you're not to supposed to eat it." He's so protective over his "things". However, he's got a double standard when it comes to his stuff. The next day he ate a couple treats off the tree, so I told him that I thought we weren't supposed to eat them. He told me that he was just eating a few- and only the green ones. He's the same way with sharing- expects everyone to be nice & share with him, but if he's the one with the treats, he pitches a pretty big fit to share.


Tasha also brought this cute gingerbread house kit- they never got to it while we were gone, so Jace & I put it together the other day. I must admit I was dragging my feet a bit to do it cuz I didn't want the mess, etc. But it was so easy and fun- really added to our holiday festivities & boosted my Christmas spirit. I think I'll make it a tradition. But my question is--- are you supposed to actually eat them?


Thanks Tash for all you did.

3 comments:

melanie said...

hey! it's melanie. just blog
browsing and came across yours! hope you had a great christmas! see you in church.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Nat,
i'm glad to see that you've finally made the leap into the blogging world! it looks great!! i must admit, i'm jealous that you guys took a kid-free vacationlooks like a lot of fun. especially wicked, i've been wanting to see that. thanks for the imax info..for a sec i thought you were paying me a compliment..that would be a first(for my jugs)ha,ha!!! we might come to idaho on new years, but we're not sure yet. if we do, i want to come see your cute, new house. i bet it was so fun to have Christmas in it. talk to you soon!

a-anderson said...

Looks like fun. You are lucky to have a fun sister-in-law. WE made the same gingerbread house. But yours looks a lot better.