Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rexburg Temple

On Thursday, I had the great opportunity to be an usher for the VIP tours at the new Rexburg Temple. I also shook an Apostles hand, Elder Bednar. The public open house starts tomorrow and it will be dedicated on Feb. 3. It was actually my third time of being inside- I was able to go and clean inside during different phases of the construction process. It really is a beatiful temple- a simple elegance. It sure lights this town of Rexburg up.

2 comments:

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

I think it's so cool how involved you've been able to be with the new temple. We are coming Feb 16th to go through it with Jon's parents and their neighbors. His parents neighbor was just called to be a member of The Seventy, and he is really fellowshipping them. So cool. How was you New Year's Eve? I was bummed that we didn't come to Idaho, but Chase was a complete nightmare the last time we came and I just wasn't up for it quite yet. Ahhh the joys of parenting!!

Bree said...

What a neat experience! We were signed up to do the VIP tours too...until they found out we were ushering two weeks later, so they said they'd ask someone else. Oh well! We go to the open house on Friday and I'm so excited to see it again! SO beautiful!!