While browsing the Internet tonight, I found something of interest. MSN features the most popular baby names of 2007. I always find this interesting to see how names come and go in generations. I still remember when my little sister, Allison, was born in 1985- Jessica and Stephanie were all the rage that year- they were the cutest names ever and we of course wanted my parents to name her one of these. It's funny now though because I can't remember the last time I've heard of anyone naming a new baby either of those names. Funny how things change.
So.. What happened in baby names in 2007? The results are in: Emma has finally been knocked off its number one perch for the first time since 2004! It made me think- what makes a name timeless and classic? And isn't it funny how some names are a total reflection of pop culture- "Addison jumped a whopping 20 spots this year to land in the top 10 — no doubt thanks to the hot TV series "Grey's Anatomy" and its spin-off, "Private Practice."
Top 10 Girl Names
Sophia
Isabella
Emma
Madison
Ava
Addison
Hailey
Emily
Kaitlyn
Olivia
Top 10 Boy Names
Aiden
Ethan
Jacob
Jayden
Caleb
Noah
Jackson
Jack
Logan
Matthew
For those of you with kids, did anything inspire you to name your kid what you did? Or.. was there a name that you used to swear you'd name a child, that when the time finally came, you had lost the love? Interesting discussion.
To read the full article:
http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/babyandpregnancy/articlebc.aspx?cp-documentid=1363087>1=10715
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love looking at the popular baby names. With both of my kids I had liked their names for years. It was easy to choose them. This time I don't have any that I love. I feel like I will just name the next baby the name that I don't dislike rather than one I love. Let me know if you have any cute name ideas for girls especially.
Post a Comment