Friday, December 28, 2007

She's Got a Shiner..

Hard to tell here, but it's there- our little "right" eye

Totally a parenting moment that you say, "I knew better and this could have been prevented." Rylee fell out of the bath tub and now has a black eye. She is all over the place in the bath, so we know we cannot leave her unattended. Well, what did I do? I left her unattended... for like a second. I had turned around to help Jace take off his shirt (Rylee was sitting down, playing with toys, so I thought I was okay). When I turned back, she had stood up and was leaning towards the toilet, so I knew what was coming and took a giant step to catch her before the inevitable happened. Gravity got the best of her, although I was able to catch a slippery arm and leg, she still konked on the tile. Goes to show- it only takes a second.

Poor thing.

FYI: Black eyes get worse over time

She's had it now for a few weeks and it is starting to look better.

1 comment:

Chantri said...

Hey Taylors-
I'm sure you don't know me, I know Justin from BYU-I, but I think we are in the same ward...at least I have seen you in the church building before! I linked you off of Bree's blog and thought I would say hi. I enjoyed looking through your blog. You have darling kids!...and a beautiful home. Visit our, well mine since the hubby doesn't really contribute, blog sometime!