My best Halloween Tips: Don't go overboard on costumes- kids only wear them for a few hours. My best secret is buying things that will double as dress-up clothes for every-day play. Jace got this football uniform for Christmas and worked great as a costume. Last year we did the same things for Rylee- my mom gave her some princess dress-up for her birthday and that's what she was for Halloween. Shop after-Halloween sales, let your kids use them all year, then it's there for Halloween. Jaden's skeleton costume is actually pajamas, which he needed. We get double the use.
Also...idea for candy. Let your kids pick freely for a day or two. Then, they forget they have it. Secretly stash a zip-lock bag full somewhere and save it for Christmas stockings. Also....only open a bag or two at a time for trick or treaters. If you only open as needed, you can put entire bags up for Christmas too. Most candy will stay fine for 2 months.
6 comments:
Good call on the Halloween tips. I saved the unopened candy for our stockings too. Rylee is also welcome to go thru my dressup box next year if she wants or if the boys wanna go like drag queens or something,they can look thru the box too! Ha Ha.
Cute. Cute. Cute. Good to see you updated, I love that idea for decorating the pumpkins. You will have to let me know where you found those at. Kinda like Mr. Potato head? Your kids look adorable!
The kids look great. I love the bee headband. Super cute. Good tips also. I was cleaning out my Halloween box and have some little vampire capes, a witch costume and other stuff if you are interested before I donate them:)
Your kids look really cute! Bubby is getting so big. I loved your pumpkins! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween!
Hey there! Jackson was a football player this year, too. He wore Dan's football pads and his old high school jersey. Too bad those two don't live closer to each other, I think they would have a lot of fun. I came up last week and called you, but Jace told me you were on a trip. It was a quick trip, but I would've liked to have seen you.
Great tips, Natalie! I should've read this 3 weeks ago!!! haha! And yes... I wish we could have this warm fall every year too!
Post a Comment