Christmas was great! It was nice to spend it with our family. I love how we can mix the big family gatherings with our own little family time. We are so grateful for the abundance we enjoy.

All Aboard the Taylor Train: We spend Christmas Eve at my parents. We usually start out with some sort of activity-sometimes we do service, sometimes crafts, last year it was Gingerbread houses. This year, each family made a candy train. They were fun to do with the kids. Then we have a nice dinner, followed by a little R&R. The girls usually talk and talk some more, the kids play, the guys...escape, I guess.

Then we move on to the traditional talent show. Always a hit for the kids. Jace decided on doing his back bend this year. Rylee did the splits
(not real splits, more like sitting with legs out- Jace helped her extend them further.) My kids also sang Jingle Bells with some of their cousins. It's always fun to see what everyone comes up with. We then exchanged and opened gifts and ended the night with a couple of songs from the chimes.

Jace & Rylee were so excited to see what Santa brought. They didn't really want anything specific, so surprised they were. Thankfully they slept til 8 a.m. That's my kind of morning! We had them wait in the hall while we got the video camera rolling (naturally).

Santa brought Jace a football uniform, Razor Scooter and a remote control car (this was the only thing he actually asked for consistently). He's got his tough guy face on. We gave him a Touch 'N Brush and he loved it! Every time he sees the infomercial, he would tell us that he wants one and never forgot what it was called or the web site to order. He was honestly speechless when he opened it- so classic! He couldn't believe that we would remember to get that for him.

Miss Priss got a fancy lady dress. Total princess-check out her curtsy. She also got a Kitty Keyboard, which has provided hours of fun dancing music. So funny to watch her get her groove on. And the little Cozy Coup you see to the side of her is also hers, but Jaden is in love with it too.

It was our little bubby's first Christmas. He actually loves opening presents, especially gift bags. He was tearing things up as usual on Christmas morning-I think he quite enjoyed himself.

Here he is getting a ride in his wagon. He just loves to play with the big kids. It was so cute because they would get in the car and then pull Jaden in his wagon behind. It was their own little Christmas parade. Jaden just grinned as they went round and around the island.
Kids really do make Christmas. Well....and my husband doesn't do too bad either. Jus pulled out another big surprise this year by getting us a new dining table. I can't believe I haven't taken a picture of it yet...but I will. Jus scored too with some new golf clubs.
Christmas afternoon we went out to Justin's parents for a nice Christmas lunch and hung out there for the rest of the night. We did the Taylor family party on New Years Day.
5 comments:
Nat,
Hey!! The book is called the Last Straw. I can't remember who the author is, but I got it at Seagull book. It's been a great tradition for our family! I just use a basket for the manger, raffia for the straw, and a little doll for the baby Jesus. We start this on Dec. 1, and on Christmas Eve, we place the baby Jesus in the manger. Also, we just googled Santa Tracker and it came up with a map of the world and shows little presents to indicate where Santa has been, and where he is now. Glad you had such a fun Christmas!!! Your kids are so cute... and big! TIme goes by way too fast!
What a fun Christmas! & check out Rylee's cute hair! Looks like it's so thick! Love the cute train you made.
haha! Love the Touch 'n Brush! My kids have wanted that thing forever! (I've debated it too, because we have major toothpaste mess issues at our house!) Looks like fun! We'll have to try out the talent show thing next year. :)
You look so cute in the first picture with Jace and Rylee. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. We stayed home for Christmas but ended up coming up later in the evening on Christmas day. I know, I always say we will get together when I come up- but we never manage to fit everything in. We just need to plan a friends get-together again- I would love to help plan something...
Hi Natalie. Happy birthday to Justin today! I had to laugh at that football uniform. It must have been Justin's idea. We got our kids uniforms too a few years ago. Rich remembers when he and his brothers got football uniforms for Christmas once. Jus must have fond memories of that too.
Post a Comment