They mutilate small porcelain village people.....
I've been doing Superglue surgery all week on these guys.
But...they make Christmas special and magical. They love getting the Christmas stuff out and experiencing the wonderment of it all. I love how it's special because it's only out once a year.
I have a Christmas Village that I put up each year, but was considering just not worrying about this year. But I decided that I had to because Jace loves it and looks forward to it each year. After getting it out I even ended up waiting a day to put it up because Jace was having so much fun with them set up on the floor. He knows each little house: the Ski Lodge, the 2 flower shops, the police station, the five & Dime (which he calls the DI) and our new fire station we got last year. I've decided that it's really more for them than me now, so I tend to not get too upset if we end up with a few headless, armless, legless village guys.
I love Christmas time. The fun traditions, giving, sharing- all of it!
This year we shared a little message and treat with our neighbors. We made pretzel hugs, which we love & are so easy for kids to help with. Then we shared a Stories of Jesus advent from the children's Friend. If you're interested here's the link:
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
Kids to make Christmas time so fun. Have a great one!
I love Christmas and all the fun decorations. We look forward to seeing you guys for the holidays. Jen
I just love your attitude--always so positive!! I LOVE those hug pretzels. You made them for me when you were my VT. sniffle sniffle...I miss that!! :) Hope things are going great! Merry Christmas!!!!
what a fun thing putting up your decorations. I ove christmas to.
I am loving Christmas time too! Jack and Kate are so fun this year. Would you email me how you make those pretzels?
Post a Comment