It's true, I'm officially a soccer mom! Besides the fact that I drive a suburban and live in Rexburg, Jace started his first organized team sport last week. His team is the Burton Bulldogs! He loves getting all geared up (shin guards, socks, reversible soccer shirt). He's a little nervous to get in there and get the ball- he said it's too crowded because all of the kids are trying to kick the ball at the same time. Yep- sounds like soccer to me. I think he'll do great once he gets the hang of it. Never mind Justin's "constructive criticism" on the sidelines- I think he forgot it was Jace's first time playing soccer. I don't even want to imagine what it will be like when/if Jace plays H.S. basketball. I'm seeing a lot of "pep" talks in our future.
Just go have fun! Only advice a mother (who is terrible at sports) would say.
4 comments:
Jace looks so cute in his gear... GO JACE!
How fun for Jace. Take it from this soccer mom, as kids get older, it does get more intense, especially if your son is the goalie. Jen
Natalie...Thank you for writing your "yes mom" post...I have become such a NO mom and after reading what you wrote it makes COMPLETE sense to me!! You are my HERO!! You are still very much in my prayers!
cort
Justin had lots of experience with his sports dad for an example. Hopefully, he learned a few what not-to-do's from his father, especially when it comes to coach relations!!!!!
Post a Comment