Thursday, July 30, 2009

Five Months Already- Jaden!

Wow! This little dude is growing up on me.

He's got a couple of cool super-human tricks:

Toe sucking
and

Fist in Mouth!

He started on solids this month.

He can hold his own spoon and practically stand up out of the Bumbo chair.

I'm not kidding when I say he is a strong kid- he has strength like you wouldn't believe for his age.

You've got to keep your eye on him.

He also learned how to sit up this month.

Go Jaden!
He will sit and play with a toy on the floor for awhile now. I think he's liking his new view.

He's always alert and looking around at everything and everyone. He has a TON of energy and NEVER holds still. He's always either stiff as a board of as wiggly as a little worm. He's constantly looking, flipping, rolling, kicking, jumping, sucking, grabbing.....you get the point.
-----------------------------------------------------
In his 5th month, he went swimming for the first time & loved it.

Loves the water!
And also went to his first drive-in movie.

He wiggled through the first movie, slept through the second.

He also celebrated his first 4th of July.
He spends his time going to soccer games, Dr. appointments, errands or wherever else we shuttle him along to. He usually takes 2 good naps and maybe another cat nap in there as well. He still doesn't sleep through the night and he still spits up a TON! Just call him Pukus.
-------------------------------------------
I will not lie, he has been a challenging baby. Call it colic, call it fussy, call it stubborn or demanding- whatever it is, it's been difficult. We've exhausted all resources in trying to figure out his tummy issues. These are all (+ one: Enfamil GentleEase) the different formulas we've tried him with so far in his short 5 months of life:
Milk or lactose based stuff definitely gives him really bad tummy aches. I finally threw in the towel with nursing him because he'd get belly aches and just cry in pain for a long time, soy formula still makes him spit up, but is easier on his stomach, we tried Alimentum and he did okay for awhile and then he didn't like it anymore. That stuff stinks too. We've been given a prescription for prevacid as well as two other stuff- none of which seemed to help. I took him to a naturepath and he said that he had an underdeveloped liver and gallbladder. He also suggested that his pancreas wasn't releasing enough enzymes. Whatever that means. We got some homeopathic drops and the verdict is still out on that.
Bottom line is: we're still trying to figure it out. It could be a number of things. Right now he's doing pretty good with Soy Good Start. Meanwhile, making sure we've always got extra clothes and plenty of burp rags with us.
{P.S. if anyone is interested in opened, but hardly used cans of any of these formulas- let me know.}
But, despite it all.....

He's loved... and that's all that matters!

6 comments:

angie said...

Wow, I can't believe he is that old already. I totally know about the strong ones, Brooke never sat in the Bumbo because she could throw herself out from the beginning ($30 bucks down the drain). Riley looks adorable!

a-anderson said...

What a cutie. I love his big eyes.

Allisha said...

Nat- He's so cute. I can't believe he's already five months old. You're super Mom is all I can say!

Tangi said...

natalie,
It was fun catching up on your little family. I haven't read your blog in awhile and I seriously can't believe your life right now. You are amazing, I admire the strength you have. I really can't believe your baby is 5 months old, time flies.

Allison Holt said...

Oh Jaden... He is still so cute! I want to come visit you guys! I hope all is well. I saw the pictures of Rylee, and Loved them. They are so cute!

Bree said...

What a cutie!!!! And look at those eyes! :)