Watch out Jerry Lewis cuz the Taylors are now Telethoners!
We were asked to be part of the Primary Children's Miracle Network Telethon. We'll be part of the Idaho telethon and have 3 minutes of fame, telling Rylee's story and our experience at Primary Children's.
It will be this Sunday, May 31 on KIDK channel 3 in Idaho. (Yes, this is the station you don't get if you have Dish Network, but can get it with Antenna, cable or DirecTV). Our time slot is for 3:00 p.m, so tune in. Better yet, call in and give a pledge to support Primary Children's.
We really are lucky to have such a great hospital so close to us. The money raised goes to help families with their medical expenses, which adds up real fast. I think they said over 4,000 Idaho children were seen at Primary children's in 2008. It is the go-to hospital for Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Montana. I remeber being shocked when I heard of a family from Canada that came to Primary's for their child's cancer treatments. Can you imagine?
It will for sure be me & Rylee for our spot. They have invited our entire family, but Justin is not that excited about going on TV, so we'll see if I end up talking him into it. Hopefully we won't make fools out of ourselves.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news: I spent most of the day at the hospital yesterday with my mom. My dad is still sedated and he's definitely seen better days. He is pretty swollen and bruised and he's going to have a hard recovery, but we are just grateful that it's mostly stuff that can atleast recover. They let him come off of the pain med a little bit every 4 hours to check responsiveness and he's responding, but does shake his head when asked if he's in pain. Dang, I hate stuff like this.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ohhhh! I wish we got channel 3!
I wish we could see it too. So sorry about your dad. We will keep him in our prayers. Keep us updated please.
Hi! I can't believe your dad's accident...As bad as things are, it could have been sooo much worse. Man, my conclusion is when it rains, it POURS and LIFE IS HARD!!! Hang in there and know you are in our prayers.
Will someone record your appearance? It would be fun on Youtube so we can all see it. I think Jus should go on air to show the importance of family support in trying times. (No pressure, Jus)
Hang in there with your dad. The hardest part will probably be when he gets home and isn't able to farm--stir crazy farmers are difficult to handle! :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's accident. We will keep him and your family in our prayers.
Oh, Nat! I just found out about your dad! I'm so sorry! What an awful thing for your family!... but thank goodness no brain injury!! We're keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment