Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jaden at 2 Months

Just trying to catch up on our family history a bit. I've decided that this is a great place to keep records of all the little things, since I'm not writing anything down anywhere else. On April 19, Jaden hit the 2 month mark. Here's a glimpse:
Jaden @ 2 months
Stats:
Weight: 11.7 lbs.
Height: 23.8 inches
Head: 15 inches

During his second month, he is still wide-eyed and alert. Many people comment on how well he holds his head up and how strong he is. This kid doesn't relax very often- it seems like he's always on guard. Always looking around, often stiff as a board.
He's done a lot of this:
...As well as a lot of spitting up. I chalk it up to his continued tummy troubles, which I feel like we are finally getting figured out. I don't think we'll see as much of this at his 3 month review.
(At least that's what I'm crossing my fingers for.)
He's also learned how to "coo" and smile this month (still trying to capture a picture of the smile).
Love it when he does both those. It's amazing to see a baby morph into a person little by little. Finding their voice, discovering their bodies, recognizing those around them. I always wonder what they are thinking of all that surrounds them.
He's been playing, interested in things around him. He likes to lay under this toy and hit the noise makers. He'll stretch out and kick his legs. He also likes to swing or sit in the bouncy seat. He prefers to be held and close to the action though. He doesn't like to be left out. He does o.k. in the car or car seat, but isn't one of those babies that will fall asleep as soon as you get driving. Or one of those babies that will stay asleep in his seat once you get to the store. He's also a little conditional when it comes to doing anything unless he's got all his burps and gas out (part of the temperamental tummy). Guess I can't blame him.
He got blessed at 2 months and also celebrated his first Easter. He had his 2 month Dr. check, which included shots! He screamed pretty loud. Outings have included: walks in his stroller around the neighborhood and to the Nature Park and the usual errands: grocery store, Walmart, speech, Dr appointments. We stay home most days. It's much easier.
He probably loves his mama best and loves to do this:

Must say that I love it when he does this. He is like a little vulture to me.

And of course, he continues to get loved on by these two. He can't eat, sleep or poop without an audience.

The three amigos. I swear nothing will EVER happen to Jaden with the way these two look after him. I think the sibling connection is so sweet. Kids truly need siblings. I once read that you have one child for yourself, but you have more than one child so they have each other. No one will ever love or understand these guys more than they will each other.

(Don't mind Rylee's comb over- we've cut that now.)

Jace's favorite sayings regarding Jaden:

"Hi Jaden" or "hi honey" (In a really high-pitched sing songy voice)- usually accompanied by Jace sucking on Jaden's fingers and then rubbing Jaden's soft hand across his eyes and face.

" You are so cute." (in the same voice). Then he'll always tell me that Jaden looks so cute or tell me that Jaden is being so good right now. "He's not crying or nothing. " Jace is always interested in holding Jaden or having alone time with him. We have let him walk around with Jaden a few times or carry him from one place to another. He's a responsible big brother.

Rylee's Favorite: "Uh, Baby" She's the first to come get me if baby is crying then she'll say, "Needs mom".

Rylee loves to mother him. She's always concerned about where the baby is at. She'll get him right on her lap, hold him around his neck and say, "It's okay." or "Shh". She obsessed with trying to get him to take his binkie or she'll try to hush him by sticking her fingers in his mouth. She also loves to try to poke his eyes. And...she does get jealous of him from time to time. She'll up her baby act if he's getting all the attention- she'll put on her pouty face and say that she wants mom or dad (whoever does or doesn't have the baby).

Jaden is a cute little bugger. We're getting our system down now. Finding the routine with three.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you posted some pictures, I have been wondering how Jaden looks and how big he is. He looks like Jace with lighter hair. He is a cutie. Jen

Allison Holt said...

I'm also glad you finally posted... He is so cute, I think he looks like a Taylor for sure....

cortnieb said...

What a doll Natalie!! Its funny my life sounds similar to yours with 3. My two boys are all over Brighton and sing weird high pitched songs to her about not crying and going to sleep..and as soon as she wakes up from a nap they run upstairs and in the same high pitched voices say "hi baby pretty baby HI BRIGHTY BABY!!" Sooo I just have to laugh that someone else gets to experience this!! Hope you are having an awesome, high pitched voices in the background, week!!

a-anderson said...

I still can't believe that you have 3 kids! I can't believe that I do either some days. :)