Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome Jaden Max Taylor

Here is our new little guy:














Jaden Max Taylor
Born: Thursday, February 19, 2009
Time: 8:08 a.m
Place: Madison Memorial Hospital

Weight: 8 lb. 12 oz.
Height: 20 inches
Blue eyes, light brown hair

About his birth:
We had a scheduled C-Section for Thursday morning. We had to be there by 6:30 a.m. Once admitted, the nurses attempted to get my IV in. After three very painful tries, one nurse finally got it in. I was a little nervous at this point. Dr. came in and talked to us about how the cord blood banking would work, took Justin to get prepped for the OR and wheeled me on in to get the spinal block started. I had a bit of a panic attack as the numbing was starting- apparently my blood pressure fell really low or something. I felt very uneasy. Justin arrives, Apparently, I was already cut open. Dr. proceeds with the C-Section. I believe they said it was 7:45 when we got into the O.R. and Jaden was born at 8:08- pretty quick.

Jaden didn't cry much when he came out. I kept asking if everything was okay, they kept reassuring me that it was- just not a big crier, I guess. Justin then went with the baby to the nursery while the Dr.'s continued to stitch me up and stuff. We all reunited later in the room.

First Impressions:
My first thought was that he looked so tiny. I was actually very surprised when they said his weight. He seemed much smaller than my other two. I also thought he had a much lighter complexion & hair than Jace& Rylee. And smaller features- a tinsy little face. We still don't know who he really looks like, although a lot of people see a resemblance to Jace & Jus.


He is a sweet little baby. I have actually really been enjoying his newborn state- reminded of the pure miracle babies are. I love to hold him, have him root around on my face, have him close to me, etc. I love how tiny all of his things are- like newborn diapers and socks and clothes.- too cute! I forgot how hard it is to dress them because they are so little.

The other kids have welcomed him right in. Rylee wasn't too fond of him at the hospital, but I think she was just a little uneasy about me being in the hospital and didn't quite "get it" yet there. Plus..she didn't feel well at all, which contributed to her offishness with him. Jace has loved him from the beginning and so glad he has a baby brother. He loves to have one on one time with him at night, usually after Rylee is asleep. He likes to hold him and always says, "Mom I love babies." and will say stuff like, "I like babies poop, it smells like...poop." Uh, yep- it sure does. He loves to talk to him and especially loves it if the baby gets up by his face or neck. As you can see in one of these pictures, the kids are playing Dr. with the new little guy. He's been pretty agreeable to all their games so far.


A minor complication:
As I mentioned, we had a little bit of a complication. On Saturday night, the night before leaving the hospital, Jaden threw up blood. I called the nurse in and she said to just wait and see if he does it any more. Well, it was late & we were going to bed, so we didn't notice any further problems. Sunday morning comes and he does it again...twice. Threw up straight blood. So they take him and check his blood sugar and blood pressure- everything looked good. They also put a tube down his throat to draw from his stomach and drew out 15 cc's of straight blood. Not good! So...they suspected that he most likely was getting it through nursing. They call it a fisher- when they get like a blood vessel and pretty much suck it out. Yuck! So...they have me pump. No blood was noticeable, but they still suspect that is the source, so they have me pump, we watch things...no blood, so finally we were cleared to go home. I continue to pump and things still look good. On Monday, I had to take him to the Pediatrician to check things out and all was well, so the Dr. tells me to proceed with nursing. So I do, next day...blood in the diaper! You've got to be kidding me. Call Dr. back, they say to pump for 3-4 days and then watch for further problems. There wasn't, so we're back to nursing. Seriously!

About his name:
We knew that we wanted to use Max for the middle name, because it's Justin's middle name and Jus's grandpa's name. So it pretty much came down to Jaden Max or Dawson Max, although Jace really wanted him to be Trey. We finally just decided around noon on Friday that he was Jaden. We fiddled with the spelling a bit and Jaden Max was it. Jace says that his nickname is Treyden, but not really.

Funny thing about names. When we had Jace, I also loved the name Riley, but we went with Jace. Then with Rylee, it came down to Rylee or Jaidyn and we went with Rylee. Now we have a Jaden- just a boy version of it. So basically we've used all the names that we like. So we'll see what we come up with next time. And no...we're not trying to do the "J" name thing for our boys hence, Justin, Jace and Jaden. Just how it worked out.

Here's another cute picture to end with. Bright-eyed guy. By the way...when it rains, it pours, or floods in our case. Yesterday I came down with a fever- chalk up mastitis (breast infection) to our list of complications! And we got a call from Rylee's Dr. last night saying that her counts aren't good enough to start treatment today. Jus took her in today for more blood work and the Dr. has decided to push everything off until next week. In one way, it's a blessing- I will hopefully be in a much better state by next week to deal with it all and on the other hand, I was really looking forward to having it behind us. Plus..I always get a little worried pushing things off. I'm so paranoid about relapse. Believe me, the call from the Dr. on a Sunday night just about scared me to death. "We got Rylee's blood results back and...." Holding my breath until he finishes. Just our luck, especially these past few weeks.

But, we're glad to have little Jaden here. He brings a lot of happiness to our home. The kids are so excited to see him every morning and run in with excitement.

24 comments:

Allison Holt said...

I'm really sorry about the complications, But I hope everything gets better. I love that little boy he is so cute. I'm glad we got to come see you guys for a bit!!! Let me know if you need anything!

cortney and neil said...

Congrats Nat, he is adorable. Bree has been trying to get a hold of you, because we have a gift to bring by. So call one of us when you feel up to a few visitors.

angie said...

So cute, Congrats! Hopefully there aren't anymore complications, you guys deserve a break! Good Luck!

Suzie said...

You are absolutely AMAZING! What a beautiful little boy! I love that pic of him on his belly in his diaper...too cute!

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Oh Nat, he is so adorable! I can't decide who he looks like, it's always so hard to tell when they're newborns. I love how perfect little c-section babies are. Once again, you amaze me. You have so much going on, and so much to deal with. You're handling it with so much grace. I hope you know how much your friends love and admire you. We are praying for you from a distance, and I can't wait to come and see that baby. Give him a little squeeze for me. Oh, and I love the name you chose. What a cute family you have.

Robison's said...

Congradulations, We've been waiting for you to post about the little guy. He is so adorable. Hopefully you guys will start to feel better and not have anymore complications. Good Luck...

Bree said...

Natalie--he is ADORABLE!! Oh dang, I just saw that Cort said the same thing! haha...Well it's true!! Hope you're feeling good and having a better week...sounds like things have been stressful!! Like Cort said, we'd love to stop by & help out with anything so let us know! Congrats!
And p.s. Jaden shares his birthday with Avri! :)

bryan and megan said...

Congratulations! What a sweetie!! I love how awake and alert he is in those last couple of pics. Hope everything is going well for you.

The McMullin's said...

Congrats! He is so cute. I'm so sorry to hear about the complications. I hope everything gets back to normal asap!

Allisha said...

Natalie-

Congratulations! He's so handsome. He has the cutest little face! I'm so glad that he's healthy and strong and that you got a "few minutes" to spend with him. :) PLEASE call me if I can come and help! Love,
Lish

Holly said...

Congratulations Natalie! He's so perfect!! I hope that things go smoothly for the rest of Riley's treatment.

a-anderson said...

So glad you posted. I have been checking every day for a new post of the baby. He is seriously darling!!! That is so weird throwing up blood. Glad everything seems to be going well with him. And hopefully things will go well with Rylie this month. We will be praying for you guys. You are amazing!!! Keep your raft afloat during all this flooding!!!! P.S. It was so fun talking to you.

cortnieb said...

Natalie he is such a sweetie!! SOOO cute! I feel for ya I got my first breast ifection a week after Brighton was born and it is miserable! Im sorry! And now that you're on antibiotics you gotta watch for thrush! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! You are such a trooper and waaay better than I! Hang in there and everything will find its resting place! Congrats again!!!

Jenny Williams said...

Nat, Congrats! Wow, what a ride. I am glad that everything is okay with him and hopefully you are feeling better. Did the doctors ever figure out why he had blood in his stomach? That is scary! Good luck. Next time I am up in Idaho I would love to come visit you. I'll call. Take care!!!

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Congrats! He is such a cute little guy!

Guenter Family said...

Congratulations and I am sorry at the same time with all your set backs. He is so beautiful, you got some good pictures of him. When I read about you and what you have to go through I realize I have it pretty easy and need to get out of my pity party. Your are someone I look up to for strength and enduarance. Enjoy the time with the baby, each one grows up faster and faster. My third is already 6 months old, holy cow. Congrats.
Makelle

Matt and Allyson said...

COngratulations Natalie. He certainly is a precious little bundle. Best wishes in the coming weeks for you and your little ones.

Heidi said...

He is darling! Sorry you have had trouble with nursing, etc. Jaden Max is a great name.

Jen said...

Congrats! He is so handsome. There is something so special about having a new baby at home... just magical! Hope March ends up being a great month for you all.

The Hokansons said...

He is absolutely adorable! I am so glad I had a chance to talk to you when you had some "down" time in the hospital. Can't believe your incision seriously started bleeding- and did you tell that nurse off? Mine did the same thing- (think I told you about the hematoma I got- hopefully that is not you, you don't need that!) I am the one who should have gotten yelled at, I didn't have all the things going on you do! Hope that little guy isn't having any more wierd things going on like the bleeding- those little ones can make you so nervous! Sutten had blood in his stool for 6 weeks and it started when he was 4 weeks old- they never did figure out what the heck was going on! And we pay all this money for these doctors...sigh!

Mauri said...

congratulations on the safe arrival of little jaden. what an angel. these little ones really are angels in our lives...what an emotional time on every spectrum this must be. we will pray for the complications to go away!! we are so happy for you!

Audra Gines said...

So so sweet, I'm glad you didn't have any more complications!

xoxo
Aud

Meg said...

YAY!! CONGRATS...He is so cute! Your entire family is adorable...

kiddle97 said...

Congratulations! He is totally adorable. So wide-eyed already!