Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taylor: Party of Five!

Well, it's official. We are now a family of five! It's been one heck of a week, but things are finally starting to slow down a bit.

It seems like for awhile now, there has been a lot of anticipation for what was to come and I've sort of had the attitude of "we'll cross that bridge when we get there" and well, I'd say we're crossing it now.

Justin is in full swing of tax season- putting in at least 12 hour days. Not unusual for him to be to work by 4 a.m. Then he comes home and pitches in wherever needed. I know he's so tired, but is always so much help to me. We had our sweet little boy (more in next post), I'm recovering from a C-section, we're getting through Rylee's last treatment and trying to gear up for her next one Monday morning. Also dealing with her barely there hair. Seems to be thinning more & more this week. And Jace is trying to adjust to all that's been going on. He's been a little irritated with our "neediness" and wondering what happened to our nice little life.

I would not have survived this week without our family. Especially my mom- she's been here every day and has had her hands full with our laundry, kids, cleaning, etc. Each one of my sisters have been here at least one day and Justin's mom took her day off, even with a boot on her foot from a recent foot surgery. They have all helped out so much. Not to mention ward members who provided meals every day this week. We got soup 4 out of the 5 nights. I'm not complaining, it was all really good, but just kind of funny. And we didn't get the same kind twice. We got stew, taco soup, a chicken/pasta soup, potato soup and then chicken enchiladas. So nice to not have to worry about dinner.

So this is how our past week went:

Monday, Feb. 16- Cleaned and did laundry like crazy. Went visiting teaching. Tried to get ready for the week.

Tuesday, Feb. 17- Rylee's treatment. She had a harder time bouncing back from this one. Held her most the night.

Wednesday, Feb. 18- Had a last Dr.'s appointment for me, went and pre-registered/admitted at the hospital, relaxed that night with the kids.

Thursday, Feb. 19- Had to be to the hospital by 6:30 a.m., scheduled for a 7:30 C-section. Baby boy Taylor born at 8:08 a.m..

Friday, Feb.20- Sunday, Feb. 22- Still at hospital, laying in bed with leg compressors one. Trying to heal and take it easy. Didn't know what to do with myself all day long, besides enjoy our new little addition. Not used to so much down time.

Sunday, Feb. 22- Finally able to get released about 3 p.m. after some complications with baby (more in other post). Rylee got sick this night and Justin & my dad had to take her to the E.R. They put some antibiotic through her line.

Monday, Feb. 23- Had to take baby to pediatrician to get checked out again from complication. Then later, had to take Rylee to her Oncologist for some more antibiotic/check up.

Tuesday, Feb. 24- My C-section incision starts to bleed. My mom took me to the Dr., I get an antibiotic for an infection that was starting. Ahhhh! I overheard the nurse from the hallway say, "this is her 3rd C-section, she ought to know better." (I wish she knew my situation- kind of hard to take it easy considering all that is happening. It started to bleed when I was rocking Rylee to sleep for her nap & I'm not supposed to lift over the baby weight.) Whatever!

Wednesday, Feb. 25-Sunday- Things are starting to look up. Rylee feels better, I'm feeling better, spent some time visiting, resting, enjoying that my laundry is done and house is clean and that I don't have to worry about it.

Now...if we can just get through next week, which will be equally exhausting! 4 day treatments for Rylee for the next two weeks, my Dr.'s check up, baby's PKU and Dr. check up, preschool, speech, Relief Society B-day party. April is going to feel nice! (Knock on wood)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I are so excited to meet the new baby. I wish I could be there to help you through this hectic time. I am glad you have so much support. Love you.

Jennifer said...

I hope things go well this week. I wish I could have done more in the time I was there. Jaden is so cute. I wish I could hold him all day. Jen

Harris Happenings said...

You have been in our prayers all week. These are the times I don't like living so far away. I am planning on a trip to Mom and Dad's over during Spring Break. Make me a list of stuff you need to have done. Even if it's just getting some meals in the freezer or better yet, holding Jaden--I need to do something to make me feel useful! Good luck this week.

Suzie said...

Oh my goodness Nat! What a week. I've been thinking about you a lot. We'll pray that the time will pass quickly & before you know it, you'll be looking back wondering how you did it all!

The Wyatt's said...

Congrats! I've been waiting to see pics of your new little guy. He is so cute! Sounds like things are crazy for you. I can't imagine how you are doing it. Adjusting to three is a big thing on it's own. I hope you are accepting all the help you can get and aren't afraid to ask for more. Congrats again and good luck with everything.

Audra Gines said...

Natalie- every time I read your blogs I think to myself, I really need to stop complaining, my complications are nothing next to yours. I am so happy for you guys, but feel for you at the same time.

We love you and will keep you in our prayers. Your new little one is so sweet, yeah that its finally over with right?