Sunday, January 25, 2009

No way....


I heard a little rumor, googled it & found out that it is true....Cafe Rio is coming to Idaho Falls! Looks like it's in this new plaza by the the Teton Spectrum.

My list of "Things I wish Idaho had to offer" just got smaller. We were just in Salt Lake this weekend, eating our beloved Cafe Rio, wondering why it doesn't expand to Idaho- it's a cash cow in Utah. Always busy & always yummy! It's always a sure stop when we go there (along with Nielson's Frozen Custard).

I'm just shocked. I LOVE the pork salad. Bajio doesn't even compare....at all in my opinion. That just made my day. Anyone up for lunch?

12 comments:

cortnieb said...

BEYOND JEALOUS!!! I have written, yes written, cafe rio 2 letters BEGGING them to come to socal! I wish! eat a salad for me! (minus the meat that is!!!)
p.s. I loved your post below, you have such a great way of putting your thoughts into words! THANKS!

Allison Holt said...

Nat, I'm so glad you will have a Cafe Rio now... But now you wont have that much to look forward to when you come here.

Allisha said...

I AM SO EXCITED! Do you know when it's coming? I hope soon. Let's go to lunch!!

Oh..I saw Allison's comment. She hasn't visited Idaho Falls in a while has she? Let's see... more reasons to visit Salt Lake: Shopping, Pei Wei, PF Changs, Market Street Grill, Shopping. :)

a-anderson said...

I have heard they are getting one in Twin Falls too. One more reason to go home to visit!!

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

WOO-HOO! Now if they could only get a Nordstrom.....

Zach and Shantay said...

Hey! Cafe Rio brings back wonderful memories for Zach and I and You guys!! Remember when Zach and I were dating and we stayed with you guys and you guys took us to cafe rio! It was Zach's very first time going to a rio!! That was so much fun! I think I have those pictures somewhere!! We loved goin down to utah and stayin with you guys! It was always so much fun! And heck yeah! Once it opens give us a call and we will all have to meet up for lunch!! Love you guys!

Bree said...

Haha! I heard about this and saw it for myself while we were in IF on Friday! I haven't been in years but I'm excited for it!! I'll be in on the lunch date for sure! :)

Arfmann Family said...

I forgot to tell you. It already has signs up and they say it's opening like April or May. Right behind Texas Roadhouse.
Hollie

Harris Happenings said...

Hooray! I haven't ever eaten at Cafe Rio but Twin Falls is getting one. It sounds like we need to go there as soon as it opens!

The Wyatt's said...

My mom told me the news today! Plus we are getting one in Twin too! YAY!

Shana Dee said...

They have one in Mesa and I drive 20 min out of my way just to go there! I'm so happy IF is getting one too. Yay, for Cafe Rio!!

Our Family said...

I love the pork salad! I can eat that for breakfast lunch, or dinner!
I hope you are doing well, and how far along are you? Baby should be arriving soon right?
Jill