We just enjoyed a week of fun at Bear Lake. This is the second year that Justin got to go do an audit there & we get the benefit of going to play around. I guess you could call it one of those work/pleasure trips.
Bear Lake is so pretty- I love all the blue water. Also love it here because it's so low-key. We had a condo pretty much right off the lake and then it has both an indoor and outdoor pool, so you don't have to go far for some fun.
We spent the week with the Crapo family (one of Jus's co-worker's family). We had a great time! When Jus & Wes were at work, Mandi, I and the kids played all day. It was great because our kids are similar ages, so despite a few melt downs on the trip down and a couple of tiffs between Jace & Kalli, all was well. It was fun to make new friends and have someone to hang out with.
It was also the Bear Lake County fair last week, so we got to take part in some good 'ol fair fun- such as the Demolition Derby! Jace was scared to death at first- he didn't get all the destruction. Afterwards, however, he couldn't quit talking about it. He made up his mind that he wanted to turn Justin's "noisy" car (as Jace refers to it as, although Jus still insists
I feel like much of our summer has been on the go, but it's been a good one. I can't believe that school is already starting and such. It slips by way too fast.
In other news, Justin has also pretty much completed our yard/landscape project that has kept him occupied all summer. Must say I'm very proud of all his hard work- he has definitely been putting in a lot of "sweat" equity. No kidding that a yard is a ton of work- he did our whole sprinkler system, raked, tilled, welded & pounded metal trim, planted trees, barked all of our beds and we got hydro-seed today! I can't wait for our grass to come up! Can't say how sick of dirt I am around the house. Plus all the dirty shoes, clothes, garage, etc. Oh well, better than snow.
10 comments:
Looks like fun! I bet it's nice to be home again and get back to the "norm".
How funny! I love that about the parade... just in case you couldn't see well enough clear across the street, you could see it up close on the way back! Did you take that pic of the demolition derby to remember the derby or Fat Albert???
It's good to see a new blog! You have had a busy summer. We now have our very own blog. Check it out twinfallsharris.blogspot
Veronica
Sounds like you guys have been having fun. Rylee is a little superstar girl!... so cute!! We were debating taking Cannon to the demo derby at the fair... but we might have to go next year (due to the new little man).
I am glad you had fun with Mandi. It was good to talk to you the other day. You are a great listner. I'm just sad I don't get to see you every week now. It is a real bummer. At least we have preschool now to look forward to. Love ya tons.
That picture of Rylee is hilarious! Good thing you had your camera handy. What a cutie!
And talk about ambitious projects on your yard! This is why my husband and I are still choosing to rent: neither of us are very good at yard work, I'm afraid! It's much easier to watch the "mow-lawner" (as my son calls him) come each week to do it. I keep telling myself that if it were mine, I'd love it and learn to do it right, but I could just be lying to myself.
It is fun to see an up-date. I loved talking to you the other night. I miss you so much. I wish we lived closer. 3 hours is just not enough time catch up. I loved your news!!! Relax...I give you permission.
Nat, it was fun to see you even if it was for just a few minutes. I wish we lived closer and could get together more often. Your kids are so cute. "Fat Albert" made me laugh so hard. Are you sure that he is not Justin's relative? :)
Hey, I just ran into Holly at church today. Small world!!
You guys have been busy!! We LOVE Bear Lake too! I'm all for our schedule slowing down, and getting into a routine. It's fun to play all summer too though. I wish I would have checked your blog earlier and saw the garage sale, I totally would have come! Darn.
Post a Comment