Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Music Makers....Come Join Us!

Okay...so summer is winding down and fall is right around the corner. Although I hate to see summer go, I must say I'm exited for the schedule of fall and looking forward to all of our activities starting back up.

One of these activities is Music Makers. It's a play group that I've been involved in with my kids ever since we moved back to Idaho (so nearly 2 years- yikes doesn't seem that long!) Anyway, I wanted to tell you all about it & also extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in joining us.

We are going to meet every Monday from 10-11 a.m. this year. We meet at the new church right off County Line road- about 2 miles from The Loft. (By the Pepperridge subdivision-I think that's what it's called.)

So what exactly is Music Makers? Well, it's an organized playgroup that incorporates lots of different activities, rhymes, fingerplays, music, etc. There are essentially 6 different rotations- Welcome Time, Singing Time, Circle Time, Marching Time, Movement Time and Story Time. We go from room to room for each station. Once a month we also end with a treat. There are different mom leaders that organize and lead the different stations. Each month there is a new theme, so it's a fun way to introduce your kids to lots of different ideas/themes. September's theme will be all about animals.

It is seriously lots of fun for kids. It's structured well & it's a good way for your kids to get involved, meet new friends and my favorite part- something to do through these dreaded winters!

Anyone is invited! It's completely free. Don't worry if you feel like you can't sing or whatever- you don't need to know how. It's just something fun for you & the kids to do together. It's a very relaxed atmosphere with lots of nice moms. It will start after Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 8 and goes through April. All you need to bring is a puppet for your children for welcome time and any kind of musical instrument for Marching Time (even rattles work great!). Babies, toddlers and pre-school age children all enjoy it- so bring all the kids!

Let me know if you have any questions. I know some of you live close & thought you might be interested in coming. Hope to see you on Sept. 8!

3 comments:

Bree said...

Nat, that sounds like so much fun and I'm sure Avri would love it! We'll have to plan on coming! Hope things are going well...miss seeing you on Sundays!

Suzie said...

OK, I have a dumb question for you Natalie. Do you just pick a theme each month & then the mom in charge of each segment plans something around that or is there a specific plan you are following? If so, where can I get some ideas to maybe get something like this started here.

Audra Gines said...

Wow, I can't believe you've been there for two years... how are you guys.

I'm pregnant finally, and I'm 20 weeks next tuesday! Crazy!

It sounds like you guys are having fun.
xoxo
Aud and fam!