Okay, so we've got a little family vaca to San Diego planned for July. Justin's got some CPA classes there, so we're going to take the kiddos and make some memories.
So...I'm looking for any tips/suggestions on what we should do when we're there. We're still trying to iron out details like how long we want to stay, etc. If you live by there or have vacationed to San Diego before, let me know what we should definitely see, good restaurants, best beach, etc. For instance, it's looking like there are quite a few options for "marine" life type of stuff- what was the best to hit Sea World, Scripps Aquarium, SeaLife (by Legoland-new), museums, etc? Also trying to decide between San Diego Zoo or the Wild Animal Park. I figure that one of each kind of thing will be plenty for the kids. We want to have some big stuff planned as well as allow for some down time- pool, beach, etc. You know how some stuff is so hyped up and then it's a let down or just too much to do it all once you're there? I love word of mouth so let me know what's worth it. Remember, we'll have the kids in tow, so I'm looking for kid friendly.
I've got a ton more updates to do, but another day folks!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We took a trip there about 2 years ago. We went to Sea World which we loved. It took us two days to get through it. I also suggest looking online at tickets you can probably get them cheaper than when you get there. We went to Mission Beach but there could be a better one. That was the closet for us. Hope your trip is fun. Maybe you can catch some nice weather since we haven't had any here.
Well I can actually help you with this since I live 45 mins from san diego and frequent there often!!! Okay out of the zoos wild animal park is fun but about 30 mins outside of san diego and will be hotter in july than the actual san diego zoo. Also, sea world is great and shouldn't take you 2 days though. so I would just plan for one day there. Legoland is okay I prefer Disneyland, but some peeps really like legoland so I can't say don't go. my fav. beach in the san diego area is La Jolla beaches. If you take the kidlettes down to La Jolla cove they can see the seals up close and may really like that. There are some really great restaurants too just depends on what you like so get back to me and I can for sure help you there! Also you should go see the san diego temple...GORGEOUS especially at night! Oh! and another fun thing to do is rent beach cruiser bikes and ride along the ocean on the sidewalk!! SOO FUN and you can rent bike trailers for the little ones too! How long are you planning on being here? And do you know where your hotel is yet? If you have any questions please feel free to ask! Im excited for you to come to sunny so cal!!
Hey Nat I love San Diego and we just took the kids last month and had a ton of fun. One thing on the zoo when Nic and I went a few years ago we went to the wild animal park because it was about four miles from his grandpa's house. Anyway I wasn't impressed. I thought the zoo was way better. The animal park didn't have that much and the animals are in the wild on tons of acres and you ride on a bus train like thing and see them from afar. It was kind of cool, but I think the kids would like the zoo better.Oh and I am a huge fan of sea world.Also the San Diego temple is the prettiest temple I have ever been in. Since Nic and I lived all over we went through quite a few and it is still my fav. It looks like a castle and has a garden in the top. It is amazing.
It looks like you've already got good advice, but I served my mission there and I highly recommend Balboa Park. If I go back I will visit that first. You can look it up online, but I thought it was so beautiful and unique. I think kiddies would like it. Also Old Town has a ton of character and lots of good Mexican food. Plus it's right by the Battalion if you want to throw some church in.
Hey Natalie! I am so excited you guys get to go to San Diego! What a fun family vacation. I agree with all that Courtney said. As far as which zoo, I loved Wild Animal Park, but it was a ton of walking! The zoo is more condensed so the kids can see more before their attention span is gone. :) But honestly, if you're trying to cram as much as you can, I'd just do Sea World. They have so many animals that the kids won't realize they didn't go to the zoo. Then spend the rest of the time at the beach and the other ideas Courtney said. You guys will have so much fun!!
How fun! I must admit I'm jealous...I could use a vaca and some SUN!!!!!!!! I haven't been to Southern CA, so no advice...Can't wait to see pictures, you'll have a blast!
Post a Comment