On May 24, we celebrated six happy years of marital bliss! We took in a movie (Maid of Honor), ate at Stockman's Steakhouse, got some frozen custard & took a cold little stroll around Porter Park.
[Disclaimer: I'm sharing some pics from the archives, but since this was pre-digital age, I'm apologizing ahead of time for the poor "take a picture of a picture" quality.]
It's crazy how long we've been together. Jus was the guy that totally changed things for me...life as I knew it was never the same after him. I couldn't have ever imagined that this boy I've know since Jr. High would eventually become my everything. I mean seriously, he wrote like "You're a cutie, have a good summer" in my Jr. High yearbook. And I'm guilty of some dumb comments myself like, "Justin let me borrow his CD- I like him so much." Wooo- how gay! Straight out of the h.s. journal. Who would've known?

High School Commencement Dance 1997 (Jus had a broken leg & had a walking cast, hence the cane)
We have been through so many seasons of life together & I love that we share that history. We've been a part of each others life in one form or another through high school, college, mission, jobs, marriage and parenthood. I don't think there is a friend/roommate who didn't either know Justin or know of him, every guy I ever dated was compared to him & in the end, I had to fight a good fight to finally get him!

From my Ricks Days/Jus pre mission- outside of my apt. at Brookside {1998}

Saying our goodbyes when Jus left for his mission. {1999}

First date post mission- {Feb. 2001}

Long distance dating- me @ Utah State, Jus @ BYU-I {2001}

A few days after we were engaged! {March 2002}

At my Utah State graduation {May 2002}

Our engagement Picture

Baby #1

Baby #2
And there's been so much more in between. I definitely married my best friend & can't imagine life without him. So glad that we've got an eternity to go! Happy Anniversary to us!
8 comments:
That was so fun to read, Natalie! I LOVE that you've been friends/together for so long! SO many great memories and lessons learned together. You two are a great match and such good examples! Happy 6 years! :)
Nat! I love this post! I especially enjoyed your prom dress, hehe! All of these old pics take me back to the good old days. Remember all the dating drama at USU? If we could've seen how everything was going to work out, we never would've stressed. You two were always perfect together. We should celebrate together next year in LV!
Congrats Natalie and Justin! It was so fun to read this post I remember when you guys started liking each other....it seems like forever ago! 6 years and 2 adorable kids..nice work you two!
So cute. It was so fun to see young justin and natalie. So happy 6 years. And thanks for the plans today we got a good start. Yeah
Congratulations! I can't believe how fast time is flying. Hope you enjoy your anniversary.
It is amazing what can happen in 6 years. I am so glad you married Justin. You make the perfect couple. happy anniversary!
Another thing-Cole was looking at pictures from our visit to your house. And all he has been talking about since is going to Jace's house again to play.
Congrats! I love anniversaries! I remember some of those pictures! What a fun walk down memory lane... I love the commencement dress, by the way!
Post a Comment