Monday, October 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Justin & I just returned from a sinless get away to sin city. Jus had a few continuing education courses there, so we mixed business with a little bit of pleasure. Here's a look at our Vegas vacation.

We stayed at the beautiful Venetian. Definitely a classier part of the strip. I love the architecture and details of that hotel-it's amazing. All the major Vegas hotels are so cool-love the detail, style, themes and originality-they go all out. We were spoiled & got to stay in one of the suites. Must say livin' the suite life isn't so bad.

At the Luxor, they had the Bodies exhibit, which I had heard a lot about, so I was excited to get a chance to go. It was cool- a complete look through the human body and I mean complete. The way they preserved the cadavers was awesome. It was very intriguing and educational. My favorite part was the baby/fetal section- it had views of fetuses at every stage. I couldn't believe all that was visibly developed by 8 weeks. Very cool if you ever get a chance to see it.

Then, we met up with our good friends Ryan and Becca Nelson, who live in Vegas. They met us for dinner and the show Ka. I think I liked Mystere better, but Cirque Du Soleil is always cool.

Throw in some shopping (Yay! I was finally able to add a few things to my wardrobe- I swear it's been a few years since that's happened), some delightful food like this yummy indulgence from a cute place called Serendipity (I wish what you ate in Vegas, stayed in Vegas) & it makes for a great trip!

8 comments:

Bree said...

What a great getaway Nat!! You guys deserved it!! :)

angie said...

I agree, Mystere is better than Ka. I am so jealous, we love Vegas, for all the sinless reasons :) Looks like you guys had fun!

Allison Holt said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! That ice cream things looks SOOOOO good!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun trip. Glad you were able to get away. Jen

Amanda Taylor said...

your vegas trip looks a lot like my vegas trip. i went to bodies and ka too. and if i had seen that dessert i would have had that too. :) glad you had fun.

Shana Dee said...

What a great trip! I haven't checked blogs in a long long time and I'm always uplifted and strengthened by your words of inspiration, love, strength, and courage. Thank you for sharing what you've experienced.

a-anderson said...

Glad to see you got away!

The Hokansons said...

So glad you got some fun time in with Jus- you guys totally deserve it! :)