My kids always think that flies are bees. To try to teach them that flies are harmless, I picked out a book on flies at the library. What did we learn? That flies are disgusting and not as harmless as I assumed.
Here's what it said. Gross!
The fly lays hundreds of eggs. After about two days, the eggs hatch into larvae. THe larvaie of many types of flies are often called maggots.
You might want to think twice about leaving food out uncovered or for long periods of time.
Makes me want to throw up.
9 comments:
I hate flies. This stuff just grosses me out. Jen
I always tell my kids they are no big deal either... should have read my fly book I suppose! YUCK!
Ewww!
Nat that is the sickest thing i have ever read.... Are your kids still scared?
I can't believe you think that flies are blog-worthy. I'm going to throw up my breakfast now, thankyouverymuch!! Discusting.
Remember how many flies there were always around when we were growing up at the farm house? It is a wonder we all lived.
And to think about what they land on outside before they come in your house (i.e., cow crap, etc.) Yuck! Aside from this one, you have had some fun updates, it's always fun to see cute pics of your kids! Man, those are great pictures of Jayden and Rylee. I think Jayden is starting to look like Jace. Wish I would have had time to even think about calling when I was up there- life never slows down! Ty
sick...I'm not sure I wanted to know all that!
Ewww! And we have about a thousand flies in our house today thanks to the door being left open for an hour yesterday while the Sears dudes brought our new and hauled out our old appliances. LOVELY!
Post a Comment