Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jaden's First Month

On March 19, Jaden reached his one month mark. Came all too fast! I love how this pictures says, "Just another boring day, nothing going on here." Boy could that be further from the truth.

Jaden was born during a storm and I'm not talking about a winter storm. (Although by the looks of the weather this week that too could have been true). Talk about joy in the midst of sorrow! Not only did he endure life changing moments with me in the womb, he's been going along with all of our chaos since birth. It's no surprise to me that he's come with "presence". You know, the kind that says, "I'm not going to let you just put me in the corner and forget that I'm here!" He's a little more high maintenance than that. He likes to be held, he's kindof a fussy little guy with some tummy issues and he's making sure that he's not being upstaged by anything else. But, we love him just the same. He's just an eatin', sleepin', poopin', crying bundle of joy!

He's falling into third child suit quite well. Wearing Jace's hand-me-downs (along with a generous mix of new stuff), hasn't had any professional pictures taken yet, didn't get a birth announcement, not unusual to find him wearing his pj's til mid-afternoon, gets mauled (or worse) by his brother and sister has only been held by Jus a handful of times (such is life when you're born during tax season) etc., etc., etc. Hopefully it'll just build character and he'll forgive us later.

At one month he:

*Weighs: 9 lbs. 6 oz.

*Is wide-eyed and very alert

*Can turn and hold head up-always holds head back & looks around like a little baby bird

*Grasps your finger

*Likes to be held

*Had jaundice in the first few weeks








*Likes to sleep next to me
*Prefers sleeping on belly (shh- don't tell! Sometimes sanity rules out recommendations)

*Nurses and takes bottles well
*Looks at people- likes it when you talk or "goo" to him
*Is super strong- can scale up my body with feet & stands up when I hold his arms
*Likes to have his hands by his face-sucks fists

*Has discovered his hands & swings them in front of his face
*Has been shuffled around quite a bit due to our crazy life

*Spends most of his days sleeping, eating, pooping, swinging and getting mauled by Jace & Rylee
*Hasn't gotten out much- his travels include Walmart, Dr.'s offices, Arctic Circle, grandmas, hospital, preschool carpool & Jus's church ball game.













He's got the cutest little tinsy face. We're glad to have our little small fry. We love him. He can't even make a peep without Jace or Rylee running to his rescue (or take a nap or eat or anything else without his small fan club!)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

He is gorgeous! We can't wait to see him in a few weeks.

Suzie said...

Oh you don't need a professional photographer for that cutie! He's just too cute!

Allison Holt said...

He is so stinking cute:) I wish I could just hold him every day! I hope all is going well for you guys!!

a-anderson said...

Glad to see you are surviving life with 3. I used to think it was easy, but it seems hard to me lately. Maybe it is because we are busy with so many things right now. He is such a cute baby and growing up so fast. Enjoy that little fussy baby!

Audra Gines said...

Natalie it sounds like our two little guys have the same thing in mind. Something that might give you peace of mind is that Dashel is finally not so fussy and enjoying is on time laying on the ground which is sanity for me. He was just like Jaden in the aspect of wanting to be held.... and just fyi, Holden was a tummy baby. Sanity does rule out! We love you and we're glad your doing so well! How do you keep it up?

Jen said...

Jaden is such a cutie-pie! I love how Rylee is being so helpful with bathing the baby and that proud look on Jace's face is priceless. You have a beautiful family!

Chantri said...

I'd pick him up, bring him to my house, and take his baby pictures without you even needing to be there! Consider me a babysitter with an extra perk! You can catch a nap... if that's possible! I know how 2 yr olds are! He is such a handsome little guy. So sweet & perfect.

The Hokansons said...

Well Nat, When I saw that picture of him on his belly on the white, I thought it was a professional picture, so I would say you are doing a pretty good job! He is so dang cute, and I think you are doing a great job to even find time to take pictures of him for yourself!

The Wyatt's said...

I loved reading about your kids Natalie. They are both so precious.

Bree said...

He is SOOOO cute!! It sure has been a whirlwind since he's arrived (and before too)! It was fun to read more about this little guy! :)