January! I can't believe it's already gone. Here's a little blurb about our January memories.

Jace & Justin had a little father/son camp out in the living room. Jace got a new Spiderman sleeping bag for Christmas, so they had to break it in. Only boys were allowed- they watched a movie, ate snacks (Jace got them all ready-crackers and a juice box) and snuggled up next to the fireplace. They had a great time.
One of the funniest things that happened was the next morning when we were cleaning things up. We've had Rylee's kitchen set out in the kitchen, so the play food is often scattered about. While picking things up, I noticed one of the play hot dogs under the couch, so me, trying to be funny, said, "Hey there's a weenie under the couch, did anyone loose one?" Jace takes a quick look down his pants and says, "no...I didn't, did you dad?" Classic.

We celebrated Justin's 29th birthday on Jan. 14. The kids would hardly let him in the door before having him open his present. He got some basketball socks, a new jacket and some fleece lounge pants. (Amongst other things that he returned-classic Justin). We had

celebrated with cake and ice cream the Sunday before with my family. The night of his b-day, him & I went on a little date, well, if you consider dropping our microwave off to get repaired and attending a free dinner put on by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society a date. We also quickly strolled the mall and hit up Cold Stone-so it counts.

This month brought a little tear to Justin's eye as we said good bye to the old Acura. That oil leaking, 1988 luxury car with 319,000 miles, a rumbling muffler and bald back tire (did I mention the built-in car phone in the middle console?) was sold in one day on Craig's List. Oh yes, a pot smoking (or at least smelling) guy that works at Sears paid cash & off it went. Of course, as it rumbled out of the drive way, Jus says, "I should've asked more for it- it's hard to let a good car go."
Jace was a little disappointed- he always called it his dad's noisy car and decided it was his race car (after going to a demolition derby) and wanted us to hold onto it for him to drive when he got bigger. I think he'll thank us for it later. Every mile a memory with that car though- Justin has been driving it since his senior year in high school. He is now lucky enough to upgrade to my high school car-a 1996 Honda Accord. For the whole 10 miles to and from work he goes, I'd say it's just fine!

We've had a bit of sledding fun too (not me in my pregnant glory, but Jus & kids). We finally upgraded from the cookie sheet we used last year and actually bought a real sled. We've gone out to G&G Taylor's house a few time- you know, for the awesome slopes of Menan. Just kidding- they've had a lot of fun playing with their cousins and getting pulled by the snow machine out in those wide open spaces.
Rylee has absolutely LOVED going outside. She's like a scene out of

the movie
A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down." She wore this old snowsuit and boots that were passed down from one of my nephews and it's pretty much hilarious. Regardless, she loves walking around in the snow and being outdoors. I think she has a bit of cabin fever since we've kept her so isolated this winter. I'm so glad she's been feeling well enough to get out and about. We can hardly get her to come in and she just loves touching the snow with her hands.
And finally, we decided to take a spontaneous trip to Salt Lake a few

weekends ago for a little furniture shopping and getaway. We stayed a night with my sister Allison & her husband, Thomas, and just shopped and came back the next day. Sometimes that's all you need. The kids liked to try out the new Suburb on a little road trip and I think we all just needed a fast break. Just for the record though, no furniture was bought. When you want it, you can't find it- go figure!
I'd say the kid's favorite part was riding the elevators at Macy's. They could have done that all day.
7 comments:
hey, justin wasn't the only one sad to see that car go...i'm talking about my dad not myself :)The weiner story is awesome, jace is hilarious! Looks like you guys had a pretty good month.
Well I just have to say that I'm sitting here alone and as I was reading the post, I about died when "someone lost their wiener....Ha ha... Jus just think of all the great features of the new car!!! I'm glad you guys came a stayed... We LOVE company!!!!
I am dying! The weenie story is hilarious!!!
It is good to see what you have been up to. I have been thinking a lot about you and when that new baby will arrive. Can't wait to see him. Love the weenie story, Awesome!!!
That story about the weenie is so funny, I had to pull your page back up and read it to Sean, it is so hilarious- I have a total mental image of you being all serious when you are asking the question about the lost weiner- Nat thanks for making me laugh! I know this upcoming week has a lot of anticipation for you- good luck and we have been thinking a lot about you guys. Wish I lived closer to help, can't wait to see pictures of that adorable baby boy!
What fun stuff!! I love how you are always doing so many things and making each one special. Happy Belated birthday to Justin! And I loved the weenie story too--hahaha!! :)
Great month in review! The weenie story...what can I say? You can't make up better stuff than what comes out of kids' mouths. I read this at school and died laughing. I had to share it with my coworkers. They loved it. By the way, all the boys here checked and they haven't lost their weenies either.
Post a Comment