Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh ya, I'm pregnant!

So...a friend requested some "belly" pictures. I swear the desire to takes these gets less and less with each child. However, I'm always glad that I have them after the fact, so I decided to take a few. But when I look at these all I can think of is the Hippo song from Madagascar 2- "I like 'em big & chunky." (Have you seen it? You Tube it if not- seriously hilarious).

News Flash: Pregnancy doesn't really get any easier the more kids you have. I laugh now to think I had the time or energy to do stuff like read What to Expect... books with my first pregnancy. I honestly can't even tell you how far along I am right now. Somewhere in the 7.5 months range, but who's counting? (Due Feb. 23- that I do know).

This pregnancy has been um.... eventful? Come to think of it, I have yet to have an uneventful pregnancy. With Jace, we had a scare in the ultrasound (that turned out fine in the end), I worked full time and was serving as Primary President in our ward at the time-(both counselors were dealing with life circumstances- new baby for one and a husband's brain tumor for the other. Plus the primary program was only a month after Jace was born.) Then with Rylee, we moved, were living with my parents, built a house and I was potty training Jace just to name a few. And now all of recent events have played into this pregnancy.


As mentioned before, this pregnancy wasn't exactly "planned" (by us at least). "What? I'm having a baby? I already have a baby!" was pretty much my response. I had planned on a year of a little R&R- but life had a different plan. Go figure!

So... instead, this little guy got me out of a lot of yard work, traveled to San Diego and Bear Lake with us- (I got into my swimming suit, but was not the most comfortable.) I had to sit out on most of the rides at Legoland and pretty much quit working out due to morning sickness (3 months worth) and exhaustion. Then we got the news about Rylee & I would be lieing if I said it has been easy.

The biggest challenge is that I'm not at my best. Pregnancy has caused me to be sick, exhausted, uncomfortable, & suffocated at times. The combination of traveling, going to a million Dr's appointments (Rylee's & mine), holding/comforting a child on my "limited seating" capacity lap, packing a nearly 30 pounder around (now in the snow too- trying not to fall, all while trying to pull those blasted maternity pants back up from sagging.), getting nauseous from the smell of the chemo, all while taking care of a 4 year old, a house and all the other stuff us mom's do has been difficult at times. I'm not complaining, I'm just keeping it real. If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard though, right?

Needless to say, I'm excited to have the pregnancy part over with. However, I must admit that I get a little bit of anxiety with the reality of adding something else to my plate. Sometimes I honestly wonder how I'm going to do it. My best guess is with a lot of help. We'll have a few issues to deal with- Jus will be in tax season, I'll be trying to recover from a C-section, Rylee will just start an intense treatment cycle, besides the fact that we'll now be outnumbered and have a few more Dr. appointments to go to.

But...if there is one thing I know, it's that the Lord works in mysterious ways and he'll never give us more than we can handle. So, I'm just trusting in that. I try not to get too bent out of shape over things that are out of my control. One of the most distinct impressions I had the day that Rylee was diagnosed was the thought, "If I didn't give you everything at once, you'd have too long to dwell on one thing." Well, I've always worked best under pressure. There is no doubt in my mind that our baby boy has a purpose and that this is the right time for him to come to our family. So..put the shoulder to the wheel and push along. We'll get through it one way or another, there is no other choice.

Now if we could only come up with a name for him. Any suggestions?

17 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Nat,
It was great to see your belly.... If you need me to take a few days off of work to come up and help you out, just let me know!!!

Arfmann Family said...

Nat
His name is Max all the way and your next one can be Ruby. Cute Pair!! Just another reality check 3 kids kicked my butt for 1 year, then I got pregnant again and life went on...Just hire a college nanny for a couple hours a week, and you'll be set. 4 kids is easier than 3, by that point, you're already in sane most of the time. Just think of mom... She should've been a singer.
Hollie

Allisha said...

Nat- I can't even imagine. You know I'll be there if you need me. I would love to help you. It will all work out.

Suzie said...

You look adorable Nat! You'll be great with the kiddos, Heavenly Father will continue to watch out for & help you!

dansundstromfamily said...

Nat,
I don't know what I would do without your blog. I am not having the best day, but you helped me feel better. I would love to come see you again. We should plan something with Nicole and Jenny. You look sensational. I actually just took Jack to Madagascar and loved it.

Harris Happenings said...

The first pregnancy comparison is so funny...there are 4 teachers at school who are pregnant (first babies for 3 of them) They say things like, "I'll be 17 weeks along on Thursday" INTENSE! With the third baby it is more like you said--he's due sometime in the spring.
Thanks for keeping it real and having the ability to push through the hard days.

Harris Happenings said...

Oh, I'm liking the name Max, too.

The Wyatt's said...

Natalie You look really good for being so far along! It's so true that belly pics are much more fun to look at when you are not pregnant. If it makes you feel any better I thought the third kid was easier than the second. I know so many people say the third is the hardest. But the hardest thing for me was just not being able to go out much. But I've adjusted to that and have just found things to do at home that are fulfilling. I thought it was easier cause my two older ones could play together and the oldest could actually do a few things that were helpful. You have a great attitude. I'm sure you will do great.

Chantri said...

You are looking GREAT!! I seriously wish I still had a cute figure when I am nearly 8 mo pregnant!! You rock. I can't imagine not being able to read your blog. You inspire me so much and really make me feel support! Hopefully your little guys is a REALLY GOOD baby!!! Like one that sleeps through the night at 3 weeks....Logan did! But he was horrible during the days....he was just exhausted from crying so much by night I think. But there are those who are just sweet little angels day in day out. I'll pray for yours to be that way!!! :) But really, I'm close and i'm getting a little baby hungry and Stacey says NO WAY....so I'd love to babysit anytime!!
I heard you got your hair done by Amber!! Can't wait to see it...how short did you cut it?

cortney and neil said...

That was an interesting thought about getting things all at once. I have always thought I was so picked on for receiving two huge trials within six months, but that just made me think a little bit. Interesting. Anyway you are looking very cute. I am also so ready to be done. And good luck with the name. If it is a boy it is Max (wich I am seeing a lot of on here also) and who know if it is a girl. I better be prepared for either :)

cortney and neil said...

I mean we are going to name ours max. My comment was a little confusing, but we do not have a girl name.

Holly said...

Just stopped by to see how your cute little family was doing. You look great having your 3rd and you continue to amaze me with your positive attitude. I loved those quotes and the post about you missing Israel. Thanks for continuing to inspire us all!

charm said...

wowswers! you are gonna have to write a book someday!! i hope you know we're here for ya and you can call anytime you are overwhelmed.

Jenny Williams said...

Nat,
You are a babe! Cute pictures! I love the name Max too. Very fitting being Justin's kid and all. I also love your blog. I think you need to teach English/writing classes (in your spare time) Ha! Seriously, your positive attitude amazes me! I hope all is well. Have a Merry Christmas! I would love to come and visit. I will call you if I am up in Idaho during the holidays.

a-anderson said...

Nat,
Great pix. It is amazing to me that the last time I saw you we were in reverse positions!! Wow, things change fast. It is so fun to see you prego. Good luck with the rest of it. I realy like the names you told me. You have great taste. What ever you name him will be awesome!

Shana Dee said...

I always get so inspired by reading your blog. You should wright a book. I don't have any great names for you new baby, but wanted to say a person I work with was complaining about something and I said,"Put your shoulder to the wheel push along" and they looked at me all confused with wonderment. Then I had to go into the whole pioneer trek and Mormon history with them. Now I'll hear others at work saying it. It's a simple phrase, with a lot of use and power.

kiddle97 said...

I love reading your posts. You always have an amazing perspective on things. Good luck with everything.