It all started this summer. First, a couple of my friends announce that they are moving. What? Alish all the way off to a place we've never even heard of- Sierra Vista, AZ. And then Kenzi drops the bombs that they'll be moving to Twin Falls. This one was a little tough cuz she has totally sustained me since we've moved back to Idaho. She's been my friend since 2nd grade & it was so nice to move home to a friend- we worked out together, our kids went to playgroup together and she taught me how to text! Needless to say, she made my move back to Idaho easier to cope with. And now she's left me here all alone! And I haven't worked out once since she left! I miss her.
Then, one of the biggest surprises hit me. I found out I'm expecting baby #3! (This is my official announcement for those of you who don't already know.) And changes kicked in immediately- morning sickness, exhaustion, nausea, body changes, etc. This was not expected either, so trying to figure out how I'm going to manage 3 kids ages 4 and under (especially since Rylee will still be under 2) has been a change in and of itself. And did I mention I'm due Feb. 23, which will be our second "tax season" child and a C-Section recovery. So..we've started shopping for a bigger car, thinking through how to do room arrangements and so forth.
A few months ago, our enormous ward of 700 finally split and we are now in a newly formed ward. With this brought leaving friends, a new building, new ward leadership and a new calling. I am now the Enrichment Leader and have been switching gears- trying to get Super Saturday organized for next month. However, we're still dealing with the big ward thing- we still have close to 400 members, 5 nurseries, 3 sunbeam classes and a Sunday school that fills the whole chaple. The church is true in Rexburg in case you haven't heard!
Next, the baby of our family, Allison, got married this August. She was the final wedding for our family & it just made me think about how much our family has changed over the years with each new addition. My parents now have 19 grandchildren and our little family of 9 has now exploded into like 35 members. (Go to http://studiockchantrikeelephotography.blogspot.com/ under Aug. 13 to view photos of the wedding.) It was a very special occasion to have all of my siblings & spouses in the temple for the wedding. It makes me so proud of our good parents- I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to raise all of us, but what a sweet reward that must have been for them. I really do have a great family! And more changes are ahead for our family too. My parents are planning on going on a mission at the first of next year, which will be really different to have them gone. They are finally back to their own life now that all of us are finally on our own.
And finally, I am all but weeping right now. Jace just left with our car pool for his first day of preschool. I'm just not sure if the weeping is out of sadness or joy to tell you the truth. As my little cling-on, it makes me very happy to see him gain his confidence and go have something of his own.
He was so excited this morning. On the other hand, it's just another reminder of how quickly they grow and how fast things change. Luckily Rylee's nap is at the same time that Jace is at school, so I'm basically having my first taste of freedom in about 4 years, wondering what to do with myself. Now that's a change! And of course, I choose to blog- go figure.
Like I said, change is inevitable! It can be good sometimes, it can be challenging sometimes, but it's always constant. And if not, life would be boring. Just trying to embrace this season of change and prepare myself for the next- like Rylee entering nursery next month (yay!), Jus entering tax season and me getting used to being completely outnumbered with the arrival of the new baby.
29 comments:
Wow! What a sweet post. Change is never easy, but your awesome attitude seems to be getting you thru. Congrats on #3 - what a blessing! And good luck with all the other changes happening in your family's life.
Natalie-
This tells you what a good friend I am. I HAD NO IDEA. No idea that Kenzi moved, no idea that Alison got married, no idea that you have a little boy that is so old. :) Wow. Time is flying. When do you want to go to dinner? Or lunch?
Lish
Congratulations on Baby #3
NATALIE!! congrats!! I loved this post! You are so awesome seriously!! I am awful with change, and with 9 mos quickly approaching, I am getting VERY nervous for my #3. You are such a cute mom and when I read the part about your whole family in the temple it made me wish and hope for that day with all my siblings! I bet your parents were sooo proud!!
Oh Nat!! So sorry. I was thinking congratulations on the new baby, but didn't write it! Congratulations! That's exciting.
Hey! What a cute baby #3 you have, although I am surprised that he is blonde!
So, reading your post made me tear up, I know how you are feeling. Jace is so grown up heading off to school. Enjoy your free hours in the mornings, and when I say enjoy, I mean have a nap.
Me again, can you send an invitation to your blog to our talltodd address? Thanks.
Holy cow! That is a ton of change! It seems to happen like that all at once like you said. Congrats on the baby! You'll do great with 3 kids, who are you kidding? You have such a fun, loving personality, your kids I'm sure just adore you!
Wow, and I thought our life was crazy... I am feeling for you, but if I know you. Your the first person who would be so organized and deal with everything head on! And congrats on the baby, it is worth it, or so I keep telling myself!
xoxo
Aud
Great post. I feel like when it rains it pours. We both have had our major dose of changes at one time.:)
I love the way you express your feelings, sometimes the things you write are just the way I have felt, but could never put it into words. You are going to handle all of these changes beautifully, like you always do. Just remember that you're stronger than you think you are, and I second the nap suggestion! Forget about your house,laundry, etc.--SLEEP!
Fun post Nat! Just popped in during my monthly internet visit!!!
Natalie- Congratulations on baby #3! I loved your post! Change is always so hard for me too.
Wow, you do have a lot going on! Congrats on baby #3! That is really exciting! I agree with Nicole. You express yourself so well. I think we have all felt like you do at some point. And for me when I am pregnant and especially during the first tri, everything is magnified and that much more difficult. Sometimes just getting through the day is hard! Hang in there! You'll do great with all this change I'm sure. I also agree with the advice to sleep sleep sleep!!!
What a whirlwind you are experiencing right now! COngrats on the new little one. Having to adjust to not having your best friend around will be tough. Hang in there!
I'm not at all surprised that you guys have been SO busy! :) Sorry about all the changes at once...change is hard anyway, but to deal with several at the same time is no picnic! Hope things smooth out. You will be AWESOME at Enrichment, I'm sad to miss out on the fun things you'll plan! Congrats on baby 3, that is so exciting! Hopefully the morning sickness is gone soon...that is the worst! Well, we should get together soon...I meant to go to your play group but remembered a few hours too late! Next week! :)
BABY #3...That's so exciting! Congrats!!
Man I hear you about change! Since moving to Rigby lots of things have changed. We do miss seeing you guys and everyone in the old ward. Our biggest change hasn't happened yet with the arrival of a baby boy in about 4 weeks. Congratulations on your soon to be addition as well! Good luck with Super Saturday...I know there are lots of women in that ward that have a lot of cool fun things to do.
Congrats on baby #3! Change can definitely be hard, but also a good thing. I don't deal with it very well! I'm sure it has been hard having Kenzi move, and I bet she misses you too. I have really enjoyed the days that Brynlee is at preschool because Halle takes a nap at that time also. To be honest....most days, I nap with her too. It's great! :) You should try it! Good luck with your super saturday, and the upcoming tax season!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I always love to hear happy news like that! You're such an amazing writer! I could never say all those things so well as you just did. You're an amazing mother, wife, friend, and sister! Change sucks sometimes, but it always seems to make us stronger!
If it makes you feel better I am the queen of "surprises" (as we call them) and #4 I thought would send me over the edge...the one thing that helps me through it is I know we were meant to have our Cooper and you too will feel the same way. If I can do it anyone can....you are a great momma...no problems. But I am feeling bad for the enrichment calling that is a tough one but I bet your are awesome. Congrats and hang in there!!! Call me and we can hang out! :)
wow, that is a lot of change. But you are right, there is one thing you can count on, Change! Congratulations on baby #3!
Quck question, did Holly decide to move down to the big Az?
Congrats on baby #3. When you get managing the 3 of them down, give me a call and let me know the secret! Hope yoyu don't stay too sick for too long.
Great post Nat! It is crazy that so many things have happened in such a short amount of time. You have always had the type of personality that can totally handle these types of things with ease. I am certain that you will be able to handle 3 kids better than most people! (better than I could!!) I am sad that Kenzi moved. We need to do a HS friends get together soon. What about the weekend of Greg's wedding? Are you too busy with family stuff? Let me know when works for you and we'll let the other know. It would be so good to see everyone. Take care and good luck with all the changes!! You're Awesome!!
Congradulations on baby #3.
I have three kids so I know how it feels to be out numbered expecailly by boys. They are alot of fun though.
I hope your feeling better soon, it seems like the first trimester of pregnancy is always the hardest.
Your blog is cute! I've actually really loved having 3 kids. The older ones seem to help out and it makes me stay home more, which is where I should be. Anyway, it will be fun to keep up with you on your blog!
Jules
Nat...congrats. How exciting your life has been lately. You will do great with 3. I can't wait to hear more details of the pregnancy, I am so excited for you.
Wow. You have a lot of people reading your blog. Change is a constant in all of our lives but you definately have a crazy 2009 ahead! I am glad Jace is in preshcool. Can't wait to see you.
I'm totally late with this, but congratulations on baby number 3!
Post a Comment